General

Best suv for chubby folk

In market for a Used mid-sized SUV under 8 grand and looking for opinions/personal experiences. Googled best cars for fat people and got mixed reviews so far.

Honda CRV is supposedly top of the list but I recently rode in a friend's 2000 era and found it more cramped than mine. (A Subaru, may it RIP)
Only complaint is that emergency brake lever on left of console brushed my leg.
Are the 2008+ - 2012 CrV any roomier than the older style?

Test drove a 2014 Ford Escape last year, hell no. Center console is high on hip and door is squeezing in on left side, only car I've ever had to lean right to close door, and at only 250+ felt VERY claustrophobic!
Family members cars I've driven and sat in: 2014 Kia Sorento was a tight-ish squeeze behind the wheel. 2018+ Hundyi Tucson has tiny ass seats, my hips ain't huge and I overflowed a fair bit on both sides. 2019 Durango is not as roomy as you'd expect, but mostly ok, what about 10+ years ago?

I have personally found trucks to be deceptively small: early 2000s Silverado is the roomiest I've driven. 2005 Nissan Titan is fairly roomy w/ great storage and huge backseat but seat belt digs painfully into hip and leg is against door. Belly also brushes steering wheel.
Ford Explorer was ok 30lbs ago but prob tighter fit nowadays, driven a sport trek since and chunky friend around my size says aforementioned 2000 CRV is better ... Ranger is obviously tiny and very tight squeeze for me but doable... Sort of.
Note: belly less than inch from most steering wheels in all vehicles at 260 - 270 for 5'3" female.
My 08 Mazda 3 was shockingly comfortable for a compact car, mostly because console even with seat height and E brake on right by passenger seat.

Any feedback or suggestions is greatly appreciated to help narrow down AWD options on limited budget.
1 year

Best suv for chubby folk

2018-2020 kia optima have good room. And being over six foot tall and near 500 pounds. you just figure on belly rub.
1 year

Best suv for chubby folk

My wife likes her Honda Pilot.
1 year

Best suv for chubby folk

Best car for chubbies is probably not an SUV. You want a people carrier, a van. Something you can ride in the back that has a big sliding door and a bench seat.

The trouble with the off road type vehicles is the huge wheels and wheel arches and transmission cut into the passenger space. People Carriers maximise the space for people.
1 year

Best suv for chubby folk

Dodge Durango wife and I are both 350 plus and love the room sits low but not too low kind of flop in and roll out
1 year

Best suv for chubby folk

Lpgastruck:
Dodge Durango wife and I are both 350 plus and love the room sits low but not too low kind of flop in and roll out

I agree with dodge durangos. Sporty stylish and low to the ground. Certain jeeps will also work.
1 year

Best suv for chubby folk

I don't need an oversized car yet, but you should check on how easy a vehicle you want is prone to theft. I have been reading that in the news , and one lady had her car stolen twice, with the second time, it had to be totaled.
1 year