Gaining

I can’t break my plateau

I need tips for trying to get past my plateau. I have been stuck around the 250-260 range for months now and I can’t gain anything without loosing it in a week. I build muscle extremely easily which I think is why I can’t gain (as muscle burns more calories). I would prefer not to drink soylent meal replacements to get rid of muscle. So I either want to just be able to bust through my plateau or lose enough muscle to let me get fat without spending so much money on food. Any tips?
1 year

I can’t break my plateau

Docp:
I need tips for trying to get past my plateau. I have been stuck around the 250-260 range for months now and I can’t gain anything without loosing it in a week. I build muscle extremely easily which I think is why I can’t gain (as muscle burns more calories). I would prefer not to drink soylent meal replacements to get rid of muscle. So I either want to just be able to bust through my plateau or lose enough muscle to let me get fat without spending so much money on food. Any tips?

Ex-hard gainer here. I am curious to find out what you are already doing. It sounds like you are working against your body, not with it. But I want to be sure.
1 year

I can’t break my plateau

Docp:

Munchies:
Ex-hard gainer here. I am curious to find out what you are already doing. It sounds like you are working against your body, not with it. But I want to be sure.

I usually just sit most of the day and I eat at least 2500 calories a day at the least and even then I still can’t even gain gradually.
1 year

I can’t break my plateau

Rio67:
Heavy cream works really well smiley right before bed a pint a day in 2 weeks you’ll need new pants I bet

Except, there is a catch. Hard gainers (people who put on muscle mass) already use heavy cream to help them put on more muscle mass.

So, if he does that without controlling for anything else, he may just get more muscular.
1 year

I can’t break my plateau

Rio67:
Heavy cream works really well smiley right before bed a pint a day in 2 weeks you’ll need new pants I bet

I can’t drink heavy cream by itself without gagging. It would also be tough to bring so much heavy cream in the house without raising suspicion (I live with family) idk, maybe I should just go to the store and buy heavy cream+chocolate milk and just down them at the end of the day
1 year

I can’t break my plateau

Rio67:

Docp:
I can’t drink heavy cream by itself without gagging. It would also be tough to bring so much heavy cream in the house without raising suspicion (I live with family) idk, maybe I should just go to the store and buy heavy cream+chocolate milk and just down them at the end of the day

Again, if you tend to put on muscle over fat, this may not have the intended effect.

What are you already doing?
1 year

I can’t break my plateau

Rio67:

Docp:

Munchies:
Again, if you tend to put on muscle over fat, this may not have the intended effect.

I haven’t been doing much besides overeating what food is already at home. I stopped actively gaining after I quit my fast food job a while back. The only way I have gained is when I made myself addicted to fast food for a month and had a lot of edibles which gave me the munchies. The reason I don’t continue to gain with fast food is because it’s super expensive and if I eat too much of it in a short time span, I won’t crave it anymore.
1 year

I can’t break my plateau

Rio67:

Docp:

Munchies:

Docp:
I haven’t been doing much besides overeating what food is already at home. I stopped actively gaining after I quit my fast food job a while back. The only way I have gained is when I made myself addicted to fast food for a month and had a lot of edibles which gave me the munchies. The reason I don’t continue to gain with fast food is because it’s super expensive and if I eat too much of it in a short time span, I won’t crave it anymore.

Ok. What sorts of foods are you eating? What does your fitness regimine look like?
1 year

I can’t break my plateau

Docp:
Wish I had some great advice for you. I've had the same issue myself at the the 230 level. Thought being older might make gaining easier, though I too have the problem of someone in the house who is not aware of my desire to gain. It makes it much harder to have tons of fattening foods around to snack on all day. Where's there's a will there's a way I guess, so keep working on it and I'm sure at some point you will make a breakthru and start gaining again. Best of luck to you. I do understand your frustration.
1 year

I can’t break my plateau

I also grow muscle fairly easy, but I guess I just grow fat easier. Maybe potatoes might do something for you?
1 year
12   loading