Gaining

I'm overeating since 2 months and not gaining :(

Sweetpapi:
Hello FF!
Need advice/opinion

I started gaining 2 months ago at 110 lbs / 5'1
First month I was eating 4500kcal, I gained to 120lbs very fast and I was very happy 😊

Next month I raised my goal to 5500kcal and after whole month zero gain! Even in meantime dropping to 115-118lbs.

I'm eating normal meals + a lot of sweet snacks, and almost every evening some fastfood (pasta, kebab, burger) or if not, we make fat sweet cocktails with heavy cream, ice creams, nutella, various fruits etc. I'm also drinking at least liter of Pepsi, lemonade everyday.

I eat very often from waking up to going sleep, always a lot of sweets before and after a normal meal.

I'm not doing any heavy physical activity, only a little house and garden work.

I know that patience is needed smiley but I'm surprised that I eat 3 times as much as my caloric needs and I'm not gaining weight! 😞

So, should I change something in my eating habits? Am I omitting any significant ingredients which help gain weight? Or just eat even more calories...?
Thanks for any advices/opinions! ❤️

Ex-gainer here. I started off at 115 lbs. I am now 168. It took me over 5 years to get here. And a lot of that was due to my metabolism.

You can eat whatever you want, but if you have a high metabolism, it means nothing.

You just need to be patient. You haven't been at this for very long. Plus, your weight will fluxuate until it settles.
1 year

EmilyW:
5000 cal a day and you turn it all into heat.
I had been there, eating like a LumberJackie and bemoaning my genes, though at a much tender age than you, 110-120 teen until UNI.
Then I started spending most of my days behind a computer screen, having wild parties at night (I was studying in Europe), and before I knew it, I was that 180-pound chubby girl everyone so adored and wanted to make even chubbier. And I didn't object. (Do you want me to get fatter? So prove it!)
I weighed myself this morning, looking at the number 229. (But okay, I sometimes get a bit too carried away because seeing my growing ass turns me on like fuck)

Patience, the game is. It will happen, my Padawan.

LOL I laugh every time! You are pretty ... and are surely a lot of fun. Glad you are on here.
1 year

Sweetpapi:
Thanks for answers! Now I know that it was a silly question 🙄😊 I don't have extremely fast metabolism, I used to be fatter and ate a lot less than now... But some time ago, I lost weight very quickly (not even intentionally!) and I did not expect that gaining weight again will be such a tedious work! 😉 if anyone else has any opinions, I'll be glad to hear from you! ❤️
Greets from Poland

Wait, based on what you just wrote you need to get some blood work done. That sounds like a hyperactive thyroid and that can cause lots of other issues besides not being able to gain weight!
1 year

Sweetpapi:
Thanks for answers! Now I know that it was a silly question 🙄😊 I don't have extremely fast metabolism, I used to be fatter and ate a lot less than now... But some time ago, I lost weight very quickly (not even intentionally!) and I did not expect that gaining weight again will be such a tedious work! 😉 if anyone else has any opinions, I'll be glad to hear from you! ❤️
Greets from Poland

Fatchance:
Wait, based on what you just wrote you need to get some blood work done. That sounds like a hyperactive thyroid and that can cause lots of other issues besides not being able to gain weight!

Sweetpapi:
Thanks!
I suspected it, because I have acne since couple years and no external medicaments helps. But I didn't know it could have an effect on metabolism as well!
I'll do blood tests immediately and let you know!

The thyroid controls the metabolism. Rapid, unintentional weight loss is one of many symptoms.
1 year

Sweetpapi:
Greets from Poland

Fatchance:

Sweetpapi:
Thanks!
I suspected it, because I have acne since couple years and no external medicaments helps. But I didn't know it could have an effect on metabolism as well!
I'll do blood tests immediately and let you know!

Munchies:
The thyroid controls the metabolism. Rapid, unintentional weight loss is one of many symptoms.

Sweetpapi:
Hello again! I had blood tests, and based on lab norms my thyroid hormones are ok! I'm surprised, I was sure that something was going to be wrong, because some other symptoms also indicated an overactive thyroid... All the tests are good, only choresterol a few percent too high.

Moreover, still no weight gain, it's already 45 days eating 5500kcal at 55kg 🤷 I don't know what's going on smiley
Are there any supplements that support fat absorption or similar thing? Recently I read here at the forum about something that someone adds to their cocktails, but forgot what was it.

Greets from Poland everyone

Going back to what I said, it might be your metabolism is too high. But also, it's on;y been 45 days. That's not that long. Be patient.
1 year