Lifestyle tips

Thigh rub solution? different underwear maybe? (slight tmi warning maybe)

Sometimes, while walking around, I notice this and have been for awhile. So far, it hasn't been that big of a deal and it's not that extreme, but I know this is only ever going to get worse. I guess it's just one of those things that comes with no thigh gap. I just know it'll be even worse if and when I develop negative thigh gap (where if you keep your legs straight, it's difficult or impossible to place your feet side by side.

This thigh rub action only seems to occur at the top 1/2 of the thigh, or top 1/4 of the inseam length, which makes sense since that's where the thighs are thickest.

The TMI warning section:

I've also noticed it this often seems to collide with my "junk" which is occasionally annoying, so I probably want to think about "support" for that too.

End of TMI section.

So far, I've been using boxer shorts. I suppose briefs might offer better support, though that'd do nothing for slight thigh rub.

The possibly obvious answer might be to consider using boxer briefs. I had tried that before a long time ago, but I had a problem of it stretching out too much, possibly because of the wrong material.

So then I wonder.. could some materials be more resilient from getting stretched out of shape than others? Could being stretched out of shape be the cause of it being too tight? But if too loose or properly sized, would it still offer the same support?

Guess I'm not sure what to get. For obvious reasons, I can't try before I buy. But I would hate to buy something that ends up being nearly useless. So what I'm hoping for, is a possible starting point? Or if there's other solutions I haven't thought of.

Not really sure where I'm going with this, but I can't help but think there's a better way, somehow.
1 year

Boxer briefs are definitely a go to for me. The legs do stretch, but not as much as boxers. There's also a kind of seam that keeps legs separate from junk.
I'm hefty enough (3 or 4XL, with stomach laid over,) that not only do my legs constantly rub, but I also have a sizeable fupa, and those seams really help with rubbing.
Only problem is they start to wear holes between the legs, and a pack of Hanes I got a while back wasn't sewn up around the waistband properly.
1 year

ILuvChubbyChix:
Sometimes, while walking around, I notice this and have been for awhile. So far, it hasn't been that big of a deal and it's not that extreme, but I know this is only ever going to get worse. I guess it's just one of those things that comes with no thigh gap. I just know it'll be even worse if and when I develop negative thigh gap (where if you keep your legs straight, it's difficult or impossible to place your feet side by side.

This thigh rub action only seems to occur at the top 1/2 of the thigh, or top 1/4 of the inseam length, which makes sense since that's where the thighs are thickest.

The TMI warning section:

I've also noticed it this often seems to collide with my "junk" which is occasionally annoying, so I probably want to think about "support" for that too.

End of TMI section.

So far, I've been using boxer shorts. I suppose briefs might offer better support, though that'd do nothing for slight thigh rub.

The possibly obvious answer might be to consider using boxer briefs. I had tried that before a long time ago, but I had a problem of it stretching out too much, possibly because of the wrong material.

So then I wonder.. could some materials be more resilient from getting stretched out of shape than others? Could being stretched out of shape be the cause of it being too tight? But if too loose or properly sized, would it still offer the same support?

Guess I'm not sure what to get. For obvious reasons, I can't try before I buy. But I would hate to buy something that ends up being nearly useless. So what I'm hoping for, is a possible starting point? Or if there's other solutions I haven't thought of.

Not really sure where I'm going with this, but I can't help but think there's a better way, somehow.

Not fat, but I have thick thighs. I personally enjoy using this:

www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-Bond-Stick-Friction-Defense-Unscented-1-75oz-Stick/20863033

I like to work out a lot. This is made for athletes, but there are a lot of fat girls in the reviews who use it as well.
1 year

I started rubbing vaseline up there when I go out, and it helps a lot. That combined with boxer briefs has been magic combo for me.
1 year

I use these from Decathlon
decathlon.co.uk/p/men-s-breathable-running-boxers/_/R-p-121488
I found them 5 years ago and they are fantastic at keeping chub rub at bay. Sadly I do wear through them sometimes, and I have a tub of Sudocrem with me in case this happens when I'm out and about.
sudocrem.co.uk/antiseptic-healing-cream/details
1 year

You can get specific anti-chafing creams or cornstarch powders that you can apply that should help
1 year

the problem is sweat that never dries which irritates the skin, Cotton in boxer shorts never dries. So Id suggest boxer briefs in anything but cotton. It will keep you dry and comfortable. I only wear boxer shorts but I barely move so Iā€™m pretty good lol

Powders are nice but for when your irritated at that time, to get you through the day
1 year

None of the lubes/vaseline/antiperspirant ever worked for me.They just rub out and give me zits.

I stick with KappAhl (or other European clothing brands) short, black biker-alike leggings. They look normal-ish, skinny girls wear similar stuff too.
Walked like this the entire summer in dresses, it was alright. I need to admit that even if KappAhl is considerably expensive for me it's still worth it.
You can risk it for a bisquit and wear them solo - tho most of the time I do have panties underneath for mental safety.

They are made of viscose with some %% of stretchy fabric.
Last 2 seasons - they will be good for next summer too.

I tried almost pure cotton from C&A but these were thick with thick, strong waistband that would prevent you from eating and drinking, the pressure was horrible.
If you have access to any stores that carry multiple brands you can test few different ones for single delivery price.
1 year

ChrisF:
I started rubbing vaseline up there when I go out, and it helps a lot. That combined with boxer briefs has been magic combo for me.

The vaseline trick have helped me like crazy, my tighs are so fat that they constantly rub and it used to hurt so much i could baerly do my job properly.
Then i startede using vaseline every morning on them before work and no pain at all now šŸ˜
1 year

I had really good luck this summer with athletic boxer briefs. They stretchy and help with the chaffing. They also breathe well and made the summer a little less hot and sweaty down there.
1 year