Gaining

When did your belly start to hang?

As you've already said, it's genetics. Some might get it early, some late, and some maybe not at all.

When the belly grows bigger outwards, at some point it can't handle gravity anymore. Then it starts to hang. Obviously. Maybe you can get a feeling for your belly of how it is with gravity at the moment? Is the belly easily holding up? Then it might still take some time and pounds. If not, then you may be close for a starting hang.

But I think it also depends on the type of fat your belly mostly consists out. From looking at your profile picture, I'd say you have mostly visceral fat? Because it looks stiff. And because it's stiff, it's also harder for it to hang.

Just some thoughts.
1 year

For the longest time this was something I wondered about a lot too. I started gaining at around 140lbs and while the distribution did seem to be decently even, my belly just kept getting bigger and was moreso firm than soft. The lower part of my belly did slowly get softer but when I looked in the mirror it seemed like I was never going to get belly hang, which imo made me look more like a thin person that gained weigh than a fat person (if that makes sense).

But that started to change after I surpassed 200lbs. At first the difference was pretty minimal but since hitting 211lbs, which is my current weight, I've noticed that I'm finally developing a belly overhang and it's creating a softer shape and feel to my belly as a whole.

Right now it's just like a crease of where the overhang will begin but I imagine that within 20lbs I'll have a proper overhang when unclothed. At my current weight I have an overhang when wearing pants.
1 year

I feel like I’m not there yet.
1 year

My hang finally started at 235 pounds. It took awhile because I definitely have a ball belly. I'm thinking if I ever got up to 270, I'd have the beginnings of a fat apron.
1 year

I don't know when it started to hang. But it is sagging a little more every week
1 year

Everyone’s different, and it does depend on fat distribution/genetics/etc.

I can say that mine started to hang when my BMI was around 34-35, but that was also after I maintained at that weight for about a year (although I also think I lost a lot of muscle and replaced it with more fat during that time, so…)
1 year

Once I got past 250 lbs. I just weighed myself and I'm 260 in the buff. My belly definitely hangs and I'm starting to grow an apron. Another 50 pounds and I'll have a jelly roll like fat apron down there.
1 year

As a 5’11 man I didn’t really start to see a significant belly hang until I was 280-300, now it’s really hanging. As I contribute to gain more weight it’s seeming to accumulate mostly on my belly
1 year

My belly started hanging over my jeans and developed the crease by about 140+ but not until 170 or 180 did it (roll over) and finally start to 'hang' an inch or so around 200. I started posting pics at 220 if that's any indication. Over the last 50/60 pounds of sporadic measuring I've noted roughly an centimeter or two, possibly a full inch of sag every 20 odd pounds or so.

Not until I reached 240+ did my whole belly soften with a fresh fatty layer and develop a distinct apron. At 270+ it almost compleatly covers my fupa and seems wider. In last 25 pounds that saggy fat has grown an inch and hangs free on top of my thighs. It wobbles more independently doesnt lift as much when I grab my belly and the lowest 3 inches is now pure lard.

My gain has been slow with many long lulls and plateaus over the past decade with more significant gains in past few years. Over course of last 50+ pounds I've noticed my body changing even when the number on the scale stubbornly refused to rise. Not sure how long it takes for accumulated fat to distribute but my belly inexplicably grew and softened during several of those lulls.

My thighs have always been an area of high fat accumulation although I don't always track their growth. My arms have gotten bigger and recently started developing a dimple on my bicep, future roll? My hands aren't very pudgy either but got cute dimples on knuckles now and need bigger size medical gloves.
1 year

Marcela:
Thank you all! 😊 looks like I will need to wait and keep gaining some more if I want my round belly to hang a bit. Talking to others on the chat has made me realize that yes, there are girls that weigh the same and are as tall, and have a hanging belly already. But they also have skinny legs and no ass. My genetics tend to accumulate all the fat in my lower half. So I need to be patient smiley

You will get there. My weight doesn’t go so much to my ass, but I’m not necessarily middle heavy in comparison either. I’ve noticed that my belly stuck out further as I gained, then it eventually got heavy enough that it started to hang.
1 year
12   loading