Gaining

When did your belly start to hang?

Marcela:
Hi all! I've recently gained some weight (34 pounds over the course of 3 years). It's been a slow process and I'm enjoying it. I currently have a BMI of 29.7, so almost obese (at least according to those medical classificationa). But when I see myself in the mirror I can hardly see myself as an obese woman.

I wonder: from what BMI onwards did your bellies start to hang? I can imagine it changes from person to person (I tend to gain in my ass and thighs, not so much on my belly). But i just want to have an idea.

Thanks!

I’d say at about 35 BMI or so will you start to see a belly hang. My wife’s BMI is about 58, so hers is surely hanging :-)
1 year

Mine still hasn't. I'm still under 200lbs so take that for what you will, but what I do know is that genetics have told just about everyone in my family to get most of the weight in the lower body. So much so that when I went for the first appointment for trans healthcare, they were firm in saying I'd be pear-shaped. My guess is that when I surpass 220, that's when I'll notice it hang.
1 year

When I was 230-lbs. My belly was beginning to hang. Now at over 250-lbs., my belly is hanging over my belt.
1 year

Started to develop the crease of a beginning belly hang around 195; I didn't notice it was hanging low enough to cover my fupa until around 270.
5 months

My belly started hanging over my waistband at around 280ish. But if I’m not wearing clothes it tends to just stick out super far rather than than properly hang, even now that I’m over 310.
5 months

SassyJ31:
Started to develop the crease of a beginning belly hang around 195; I didn't notice it was hanging low enough to cover my fupa until around 270.

Wow that's wonderful to hear have you thought about 300
5 months
12   loading