Feedback and suggestions

Blocked but following

Can someone pls explain to me how someone has blocked me - no idea why, we've never communicated in any way, shape or form apart from them leaving a compliment on one of my pics once - yet they are still following me?

I know I'm blocked because when I went to respond to their comment it said I couldn't because I was blocked by the member.

This evening, months later, I noticed their avatar in my followers so I clicked to be sure and it's indeed their profile. I tested if I was still blocked by drafting a message with the subject line of a full stop and the message body also a full stop and when I pressed send it said messaging blocked by this member.

How can they still follow me when they've blocked me? This seems weird to me. Can I remove them as a follower?
1 year

Blocked but following

Hi FeedMeCakex

Blocking on the site is communication based, and not content based currently. However this is something we may look to change due to suggestions from members.

This means that if someone is following you, blocking will not automatically remove them as a follower, and only removes the ability for you to contact them, and they would need to remove you from their following list manually

I agree, it is a little odd that someone who doesn't want you to contact them, still happily follows your profile. Personally if I felt the need to block someone, I wouldn't want to see their content or activity on the site.

Unfortunately there currently isn't a way you can remove a follower from your profile, you can only remove people you are following from your following list.

Hope this helps,
c00kie
FF Team
1 year

Blocked but following

Thanks C00kie, I appreciate your response and your perspective that it is indeed odd.

Look forward to the changes you might be making.
1 year

Blocked but following

FeedMeCakex:
Can someone pls explain to me how someone has blocked me - no idea why, we've never communicated in any way, shape or form apart from them leaving a compliment on one of my pics once - yet they are still following me?

I know I'm blocked because when I went to respond to their comment it said I couldn't because I was blocked by the member.

This evening, months later, I noticed their avatar in my followers so I clicked to be sure and it's indeed their profile. I tested if I was still blocked by drafting a message with the subject line of a full stop and the message body also a full stop and when I pressed send it said messaging blocked by this member.

How can they still follow me when they've blocked me? This seems weird to me. Can I remove them as a follower?

The behaviour pattern leads me to believe that they followed you, got annoyed with how much you post (you post more than most people and some people love that and some hate it - can't please everyone), couldn't work out how to unfollow you, got frustrated and so they blocked you. I don't think you should take it personally.
1 year

Blocked but following

NewcastleLad:
The behaviour pattern leads me to believe that they followed you, got annoyed with how much you post (you post more than most people and some people love that and some hate it - can't please everyone), couldn't work out how to unfollow you, got frustrated and so they blocked you. I don't think you should take it personally.[/quote]

That's a good theory. And great advice.
Thank you x
1 year