Feedback and suggestions

Please do not send passwords via plain mail!

I am sorry if my message comes off as rude. I never mean it this way. However after registration, you get your activation E-Mail and it contains your password in plain text. It makes me think that the passwords in FF's database aren't hashed. For those who don't know, hashing is a process of turning a piece of text into an irrecoverable mess. For exmaple if your password is "ILoveCats220812" the hashed version is "10068c003e75c1bbc01ae36451c51a03". If you have hashed passwords in your database, even if a hacker breaks in they won't see the actual passwords, but the other numerical mess, which cannot be decrypted to an orginal form. Why this matters? Not everyone is an aware user of the Internet and I guess many people use the same password on here as on other websites. I don't have to say what consequences it brings?
I am really hoping that's me being dump and that I am mistaken, and I yet again apologize if my message came off as rude.
1 year

Don't worry, the database passwords are all hashed. If you wish to change your password just go to 'my account'.
1 year

Oh, thanks. I was worried they are not.
1 year

Maybe it’s me being dumb (likely), but I can’t change my password through My Account. The screen hangs and the new password doesn’t take. I’ve tried in chrome and Firefox.
1 year

Letters And Numbers:
Maybe it’s me being dumb (likely), but I can’t change my password through My Account. The screen hangs and the new password doesn’t take. I’ve tried in chrome and Firefox.

Sometimes you need to re-enter the other information on that form for it to save. If you change the password and then deleted and re=enter the email address and username, then press save this usually works.

If you are still having trouble, I can set a new password for you via the admin section.

Hope this helps!

c00kie
FF Team
1 year