General

For women, femme, and non-binary/gnc friends: what would a safe fa space look like to you?

HanselsWitch:
Do we know each other? What exactly tells you I have a low view of men? I was simply stating that most men wouldn't want to deal with environment where they're walking on eggshells... which is more often than not the culture of "safe spaces." Not because most men are bad, but because they don't want anything they say blown out of proportion or becoming a pile-on in the comments. Most women wouldn't want that either, but they're usually judged less harshly.

Munchies:
Read again, love. This entire thread is about what an idealized safe space would look like. Not about the merits of having a safe space or the pitfalls there-in.

Fantasy Feeder is a safe space for feedists. Regardless of how you feel about it, it is first and foremost a safe space. I don't see men leaving in droves because they feel like they are walking on eggshells.

If anything, there other genders on here that feel like they are in hostile territory because of certain behaviors are being left unchecked.

I am very aware you can overcorrect and become an insular, regressive group. But again, that is not the point of the thread at all. In fact, the majority of people on here are just asking for basic level protections. So I find it curious that you think this would inconvience the average man.

I also find it curious about you saying that women who's views are not in line with the majority of the group. The women would not be wanted in this safe would be racists, homophobes, transphobes, xenophobes, etc. You know, the kind of people who seek to exclude the very people who want this safe space.

HanselsWitch:
Are you hinting that I must belong in the "undesirables" category because I'm challenging the feasibility of a completely "safe space?" This is exactly the behavior I'm referring to when I say most people wouldn't want to deal with being scrutinized.

Of course hate speech should never be tolerated. If that's the only thing you're trying to eliminate, it doesn't seem to be much of a problem on here (then again I don't comb every forum looking for it). So if FF is already a safe space as you say, what's the point of this discussion?

Also, who's seeking to exclude people based on race or gender? Has that happened on FF, or are we just trying to solve an imaginary problem?

I have hinted at nothing. If I thought you were a bigot, I would say so. I am simply questioning your premice and subsequent logic.

And yes, hate speech is in the forums. And in chat. I've been subjected to it myself more than once. But I am a far more active user than you, so I see more things than you.

Hate speech is part of it. There's also sexual harrassment, disrespect for boundaries, and a general lack of basic human decency. You know, the stuff you learn in pre-school or kindergarten.

No one is expecting the average joe to have a perfect understanding of gender theory or CRT. Instead, people just want people to be decent.
1 year

For women, femme, and non-binary/gnc friends: what would a safe fa space look like to you?

Munchies:
Read again, love. This entire thread is about what an idealized safe space would look like. Not about the merits of having a safe space or the pitfalls there-in.

Fantasy Feeder is a safe space for feedists. Regardless of how you feel about it, it is first and foremost a safe space. I don't see men leaving in droves because they feel like they are walking on eggshells.

If anything, there other genders on here that feel like they are in hostile territory because of certain behaviors are being left unchecked.

I am very aware you can overcorrect and become an insular, regressive group. But again, that is not the point of the thread at all. In fact, the majority of people on here are just asking for basic level protections. So I find it curious that you think this would inconvience the average man.

I also find it curious about you saying that women who's views are not in line with the majority of the group. The women would not be wanted in this safe would be racists, homophobes, transphobes, xenophobes, etc. You know, the kind of people who seek to exclude the very people who want this safe space.

HanselsWitch:
Are you hinting that I must belong in the "undesirables" category because I'm challenging the feasibility of a completely "safe space?" This is exactly the behavior I'm referring to when I say most people wouldn't want to deal with being scrutinized.

Of course hate speech should never be tolerated. If that's the only thing you're trying to eliminate, it doesn't seem to be much of a problem on here (then again I don't comb every forum looking for it). So if FF is already a safe space as you say, what's the point of this discussion?

Also, who's seeking to exclude people based on race or gender? Has that happened on FF, or are we just trying to solve an imaginary problem?

Munchies:
I have hinted at nothing. If I thought you were a bigot, I would say so. I am simply questioning your premice and subsequent logic.

And yes, hate speech is in the forums. And in chat. I've been subjected to it myself more than once. But I am a far more active user than you, so I see more things than you.

Hate speech is part of it. There's also sexual harrassment, disrespect for boundaries, and a general lack of basic human decency. You know, the stuff you learn in pre-school or kindergarten.

No one is expecting the average joe to have a perfect understanding of gender theory or CRT. Instead, people just want people to be decent.

Nice backpedaling, but based on this exchange I don't believe for a minute that people's words wouldn't be picked apart for ideological purity at any given moment on this imaginary "safe space." All too often I've seen good people experience the wrath of the mob over ridiculous BS by people hiding under the guise of "being kind."

All I said was it's impossible to preemptively eliminate everyone who might potentially offend someone. If the FF admins not doing a great job of moderating, that's a separate issue that should be addressed.
1 year

Munchies:

HanselsWitch:

Munchies:

HanselsWitch:
Nice backpedaling, but based on this exchange I don't believe for a minute that people's words wouldn't be picked apart for ideological purity at any given moment on this imaginary "safe space." All too often I've seen good people experience the wrath of the mob over ridiculous BS by people hiding under the guise of "being kind."

All I said was it's impossible to preemptively eliminate everyone who might potentially offend someone. If the FF admins not doing a great job of moderating, that's a separate issue that should be addressed.

Hun, point to where I back peddaled. I have been nothing but consistent. I've *clarified* but I have not backpedaled.

And again, this is all about a hypothetical safe space. If your idea of a safe space looks different, this would be the time to say what your idea of a safe space looks like. You have not done that once. Instead, you've talked about why safe spaces are not feasible.
1 year

Munchies:

HanselsWitch:

Munchies:

HanselsWitch:

Munchies:
Hun, point to where I back peddaled. I have been nothing but consistent. I've *clarified* but I have not backpedaled.

And again, this is all about a hypothetical safe space. If your idea of a safe space looks different, this would be the time to say what your idea of a safe space looks like. You have not done that once. Instead, you've talked about why safe spaces are not feasible.

I mean... perhaps the absence of condescending people claiming to be tolerant? 😄
1 year

Munchies:

HanselsWitch:

Munchies:

HanselsWitch:

Munchies:

HanselsWitch:
I mean... perhaps the absence of condescending people claiming to be tolerant? 😄

Well, there you go. This was the purpose of the thread. Thank you.
1 year

Locking this thread, interesting discussion but seems to have run its course.
1 year
45678   loading