General

For women, femme, and non-binary/gnc friends: what would a safe fa space look like to you?

Munchies:
Actually, both are correct.

Duly noted!!
1 year

For women, femme, and non-binary/gnc friends: what would a safe fa space look like to you?

WASP used to mean White Anglo Saxon Protestant.
All these new terms can be confusing at best.
Keep in mind you will get hate,racism and bigotry from all strata of society don't single out white people.
I'm white ( not my fault) and dated a black friend for a few years and I got more hate and bigotry from his extended family and his friends.
So much so he broke up with me because I was white.
How does that butter your biscuit?
If people are mean and nasty to you just block them.
Lord knows I have had my share of haters on here over the 12 to 13 years I have been here.
People who come from an affluent up bringing aren't bad just because of that.
Same goes for people that had a poor upbringing.
Hate and bigotry are a learned thing usually comes from their parents.

As far as the chat area every time I look in there its 20 somethings that are discussing video games, smoking weed and begging for feeders.
I guess if those are your interests then enjoy.
1 year

Ditzy:
WASP used to mean White Anglo Saxon Protestant.
All these new terms can be confusing at best.
Keep in mind you will get hate,racism and bigotry from all strata of society don't single out white people.
I'm white ( not my fault) and dated a black friend for a few years and I got more hate and bigotry from his extended family and his friends.
So much so he broke up with me because I was white.
How does that butter your biscuit?
If people are mean and nasty to you just block them.
Lord knows I have had my share of haters on here over the 12 to 13 years I have been here.
People who come from an affluent up bringing aren't bad just because of that.
Same goes for people that had a poor upbringing.
Hate and bigotry are a learned thing usually comes from their parents.

As far as the chat area every time I look in there its 20 somethings that are discussing video games, smoking weed and begging for feeders.
I guess if those are your interests then enjoy.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I just want people not to threaten to kill me or rape me/my family becuase I am a WOC.
1 year

Ditzy:
....Hate and bigotry are a learned thing usually comes from their parents.

I don't want to derail the thread because this is about what makes a space SAFE for the people mentioned in the title. Munchies didn't single out white people, she mentioned a specific type of white person. If it doesn't apply to you then you don't need to worry about it.

If you understand that hate and bigotry are taught, then perhaps it would be wise to think about what hate and bigotry *you* were taught also and how that carries out in these conversations.

But let's get back to the topic at hand. And if you don't want to participate that's totally cool and best of luck!
1 year

Munchies:
I'm sorry that happened to you. I just want people not to threaten to kill me or rape me/my family becuase I am a WOC.[/quote]

Just like anyone, and so you need moderation, not to ban/restrict access preventively to people because we assume that they belong to a certain group of person. The group of persons you’ve mention are most likely not the one that would threaten you because you are a woman/black
1 year

Ditzy:
....Hate and bigotry are a learned thing usually comes from their parents.

LoraDayton:
I don't want to derail the thread because this is about what makes a space SAFE for the people mentioned in the title. Munchies didn't single out white people, she mentioned a specific type of white person. If it doesn't apply to you then you don't need to worry about it.

If you understand that hate and bigotry are taught, then perhaps it would be wise to think about what hate and bigotry *you* were taught also and how that carries out in these conversations.

But let's get back to the topic at hand. And if you don't want to participate that's totally cool and best of luck!

No problem I won't comment anymore.
1 year

We can't have nice things
1 year

I will say this,

I don't think some men realise just how much women have to put up with. From having to deal with in real life harassment to online also. heck i got assaulted by a man the other day, simply for doing my job

So many guys message us, asking for pics, because they want to know what you look like. When you decline them, they then instead of respecting your decision, beginning to question you, asking why? Making you feel like you need to justify yourself to them.
And same goes when they ask to message somewhere else, you respectfully say no, but then they begin to ask you why, and try and purswade you to message some place else.

I think a start to having a safe space, would to let people learn how to be a bit more respectable towards women as a whole, seeing us more as something they can maybe hook up with, the amount of random guys on here who have asked me out not long into a convo is beyond silly now, and even just recently, a guy telling me these "scenarios" if we where to date and stuff like that. It's honestly beginning to become so draining at this point, that I mostly just ignore men now on here, because 90% of the time, it's something I've experienced before from them. Just pushing stuff onto you, without you asking them to

It's just time we all have to learn some manors and respect
1 year

Miachu:
I will say this,

I don't think some men realise just how much women have to put up with. From having to deal with in real life harassment to online also. heck i got assaulted by a man the other day, simply for doing my job

So many guys message us, asking for pics, because they want to know what you look like. When you decline them, they then instead of respecting your decision, beginning to question you, asking why? Making you feel like you need to justify yourself to them.
And same goes when they ask to message somewhere else, you respectfully say no, but then they begin to ask you why, and try and purswade you to message some place else.

I think a start to having a safe space, would to let people learn how to be a bit more respectable towards women as a whole, seeing us more as something they can maybe hook up with, the amount of random guys on here who have asked me out not long into a convo is beyond silly now, and even just recently, a guy telling me these "scenarios" if we where to date and stuff like that. It's honestly beginning to become so draining at this point, that I mostly just ignore men now on here, because 90% of the time, it's something I've experienced before from them. Just pushing stuff onto you, without you asking them to

It's just time we all have to learn some manors and respect

Exactly!

This is why we need a safe space for women, enbies and gender non conforming with no men whatsoever!

Even good men won't be allowed because they should know how people like us suffer from creepy men!

Only question would be now is if transgender men would be allowed?
1 year

Munchies:
I'm sorry that happened to you. I just want people not to threaten to kill me or rape me/my family becuase I am a WOC.

Mogus92:
Just like anyone, and so you need moderation, not to ban/restrict access preventively to people because we assume that they belong to a certain group of person. The group of persons you’ve mention are most likely not the one that would threaten you because you are a woman/black[/quote]

Based on my lived experience, that's actually not true. This group is more likely to threaten me.
1 year
34567   loading