General

Getting asked for a picture of yourself

Decided I'd make a quick forum to see what other people have to say on the topic

I'm sure a lot of us have experience talking with someone, then very early into the conversation they ask to see what you look like

What's people's views on this? Do you view this as a normal thing? Or do you think it is not etc etc
1 year

Miachu:
Decided I'd make a quick forum to see what other people have to say on the topic

I'm sure a lot of us have experience talking with someone, then very early into the conversation they ask to see what you look like

What's people's views on this? Do you view this as a normal thing? Or do you think it is not etc etc

It's normal in the sense that a lot of people do it. I just personally don't agree with it due to safety.

I will say that if someone's asking for a PG pic, it may have innocent intentions. Some people like to know what the person they are talking to looks like.

I still wouldn't do it unless I really trusted that person.
1 year

Even only being on this site and a few others for a short time, I’ve still been asked for pictures of myself a fair amount of times.

Now obviously, I’m happy to share my body, within reason anyway. But I’ve been asked about sharing face pics quite early on, which I’m not comfortable with yet. This is due to a lot of different factors.

Some have been understanding which is great, but more than I’d like have been pretty rude about it, calling me every name under the sun, the usual when things don’t go their way. If you’re comfortable with it fine, good for you. If I’m not there yet, that’s also fine. Just allow people to do what they’re comfortable with at the time.
1 year

You expect it at some point especially in communities like this. Everything is very visual in nature surronding this kink and community.
1 year

It's a common request, but you're under no obligation to grant it. Do whatever you're comfortable with and set whatever boundaries you need to feel safe. Eg. You might say yes to a completely PG covered belly pic request from someone you've been chatting with and feel comfortable sending that to, but have a hard no on any requests for face pics or anything in underwear or less.

If whoever made the request can't respect the boundaries you set, or try to pressure you to bend your own rules them, maybe they aren't someone worth talking with further.
1 year

Yes, fairly common. I’ve shared only with people who I’ve trusted and conversation has come off the internet or to another forum. I do not ask for pics, it’s usually the other person who asks/offers to me.

Never feel obligated to share a pic if you’re not comfortable.
1 year

I would love to be asked for a picture of myself. I love taking pictures of my big fat belly and showing it off. But if they ask for other kind of pictures that get more involved. That is wrong. There are other sites for that.
1 year

I think it's reasonable to ask.

It's also reasonable to decline or defer such a request.
1 year

Miachu:

People can ask, and I can say no.
1 year

For me personally, especially on a site like this, I would ask because I'd like to know who I'm talking to. Making a connection with someone is a lot easier if you know what they look like and aren't hiding anything.

Now the flip side is a lot of people that do hide themselves for safety reasons. They don't want their employers or family to find out, they don't want to compromise a relationship they're in, etc. As someone else mentioned, they have a right to say no when asked. You don't have to like it but you should respect their decision.
1 year
12   loading