General

Getting asked for a picture of yourself

Refeed:
It's s double standard. I'm a creep without one but women can be like this even though I feel nervous about doing it. I always get the so what? Answer, so like most things it depends on the people involved.

The double standard arises when you ask at all if you do not have one of yourself. Of you would like to ask for someone's photo and you do not have any up yourself, then you offer first. "Would you be comfortable with trading face photos? I'd be happy to offer my first if you like, and I can verify it for you."

If that's not something you're comfortable doing, then yeah it's absolutely double standard and you are a creep for it because you're signaling that you expect to consume material without offering any of your own. And if it's not an arrangement where you are buying content from someone, then yeah that's pretty creepy.
1 year

Refeed:
It's s double standard. I'm a creep without one but women can be like this even though I feel nervous about doing it. I always get the so what? Answer, so like most things it depends on the people involved.

Gotta remember the gender power imbalance. Women are more likely to be harmed than men for showing their pictures than men are.

That being said, there are plenty of women who are happy to share their pictures very early in the conversation. And at the very least, you can just wait until you build up rapport and trust before asking for pics. Never hurts to play it face.
1 year

Eh. If there's no reason to ask a question then it's never just a question. There's a purpose to the question I would hope. And if the purpose is to see someone, is that really "just" a question? That is to say if the answer doesn't matter to you then why would you ask the question at all.

(The answer is that there is no such thing as "just" a questionsmiley )
1 year

I don’t mind sharing photos of myself but only if I’m comfortable talking with the person. It’s nice to put a face to a name but I don’t expect anyone to share anything they aren’t comfortable with
1 year

Personally, I don’t mind sharing pg pics of body, have plenty posted already. I do like to know who I’m talking to though and feel unbalanced when a blank profile wants to carry on a conversation.

I understand the issue of safety, but I’m not sure how personally identifying age/ht/wt are.
1 year
12   loading