General

The problem with ghosting on ff

CuppaJoe:
I recently had what I thought was a really honest and transparent message exchange on here.

A member initially reached out to me regarding a topic that I loved, and quickly moved to ask if I would like to meet irl. When i explained that I was sincerely looking for friendship and discussion on here rather than a serious relationship, the other member explained that they were looking for something romantic, thanked me, and then the exchange ended.

I respect and appreciate this persons honest answer, and was thankful that this person took the time to explain their own motivations and interests. I wouldn't have been surprised to be ghosted in this kind of situation (and have been before!), but it was wonderful to at least have a short acknowledgement together about why we wouldn't expect ongoing conversations.

I would suggest best practice is to expect ghosting to happen, but to hold yourself to model the behaviour you'd like to see from others in the future - and to express thanks to others when they do the same.

THIS all of this.

ALL of it.
1 year

Yeah, don't ghost people, it does hurt feelings. Not the end of the world but we can make this a better place with some honesty.

If you're feeling low and you've put your feelings out there for someone then being ghosted can be a cruel blow.

The best thing is to say you don't think you're compatible. The worry is they start stalking, that's the flip side.
1 year

Refeed:
Everyone is a mother f. You're just learning this? Most people here are jerks for no real reason.

JustGetFatter:
Rofl your little outburst in chat yesterday sure supports that theory.

What happened last night?
1 year

I had someone chat with me for a bit but it became apparent they were pretending to be a gainer when they kept asking questions someone that fat would already know the answer to. I don't mind them having a fantasy and I did not call them out on it however they closed their account without saying goodbye.

I'm not sad about it but I know had this become a serious friendship based on a lie with someone who did not know then they would be left heart broken.
1 year

Munchies:

JustGetFatter:
Dude flew off the handle and started being extremely rude for absolutely no reason and was attacking someone.

I believe it. Matches some interactions I've had in the past with him. The man doesn't like it when people are happy.
1 year

Munchies:

JustGetFatter:
Dude flew off the handle and started being extremely rude for absolutely no reason and was attacking someone.

Shocking
1 year

Munchies:

JustGetFatter:

Munchies:
I believe it. Matches some interactions I've had in the past with him. The man doesn't like it when people are happy.

Dammit, I missed it.
1 year

people ghost me all the time

probably because they realise they ain't going to get into a relationship with me
1 year
12   loading