Fat experiences

Unexpected signs and side effects of weight gain

Spoop Skerry:
In high school and college, every summer I would lay around and eat, sometimes up to 5 meals a day. Naturally, I never noticed just how much fatter I was getting until school, where I couldn't fit in desks.
By the time I got out of HS, there was only a few desks in each room I could fit in, the ones extended for beefy football players, or lardasses like me.
College was even worse, because I never stopped eating. Buffet style cafeterias meant I was always putting on the pounds. In several older rooms, I just had to sit at a chair with no desk, or have it be pressed upward by my gut.
I probably put on 50 pounds easily those last two years of college.

Nothing like being made to squeeze yourself into furniture that wasn't made to accommodate your size to make you realise just how huge you've become!
1 year

DMVGrower:
Car seat belts. You never think about that sort of thing until you experience it directly, a seat belt being tight around you, or flat out not fitting at all.

CatgirlEva:
I feel that all too well. The passenger seatbelt in my mom's car doesn't really fit me anymore. Same for in my grandfather's truck. And last night, I got a ride through Lyft and the seatbelt in the back seat didn't fit at all!

Remember to always wedge the seat belt under your belly so it's across your pelvis and not your soft, delicate organs! Even with lots of fat padding, the force of a seat belt against your organs in an accident can do a lot of internal damage!
1 year

Doublefrosted:So now I'm curious, what other unexpected signs or side effects of weight gain have people experienced?

Frogman:
This one likely affects short people the most, but at some point during my fattening my belly got big enough that it bumps into counters/countertops, which makes reaching for things across or above the counter a bit of a struggle. (Bonus points if I’m reaching for cookies and grunting from the effort!) My ex-feeder thought it was cute. smiley

Big bellies seem to want to touch everything, don't they?
1 year

Wantbefaat:
At work, we took a photo of employees. The fat girl tried to find a position that would make her appear thinner. It was funny to me because her belly was twice as big as mine. How surprised I was when two equally fat people stood side by side in the photo.

That must have been quite a shock! Hopefully exciting as well though.
1 year

CuppaJoe:
Wow - DoubleFrosted, I hope that realization was exciting and awesome for you. Yet another visual confirmation that you're getting bigger - and definitely a good share so anyone gaining can monitor their wardrobe! (As if any of us gaining weight didnt have enough worries wardrobe-wise!)

This might be TMI, but I was NOT prepared for how uncomfortable tight underwear can be. Most of my pants have a little room, or drawstring/elastic waist so I can expand them as my waistline dictates.

Despite an elastic waist, though, I think I've sufficiently leaped an underwear size... and it is freakin' annoying to sit all day in tight undergarments. Don't neglect to upsize your boxers, briefs, and bikinis, folks!!! 🤣😋

Doublefrosted:
Oh my goodness, I totally agree! Few things ruin your day the way too small, too tight underwear can. It's just as bad when it comes to outgrowing bras and not realising how much until you've already left the house and the band, wires and straps start shifting, bunching up and digging in to make your day miserable.

And yes, the cause of the mysterious shiny marks on my clothes was an exciting realisation for me. ☺️

I love MeUndies underwear, they are so comfortable! I wear size XS in clothes but I buy my hipster undies in size S or M because I get self conscious in underwear that are too tight.
7 months

Ditzy:
Underwear is a constant struggle for me.
I think elastic has gotten worse over the years.
Never seemed to ever wear out now after a few washings and they seem to lose strength.

CatgirlEva:
Same here. I’ll have to buy new underwear within a few months because either the elastic looses it’s elasticity or the waistband just starts separating from everything else. Also, finding underwear that properly fits a growing big girl is harder than one would think!

See above!
7 months

Ditzy:
Never seemed to ever wear out now after a few washings and they seem to lose strength.

CatgirlEva:
Same here. I’ll have to buy new underwear within a few months because either the elastic looses it’s elasticity or the waistband just starts separating from everything else. Also, finding underwear that properly fits a growing big girl is harder than one would think!

I find this happening to me. I thought it was just that the underwear was poorly designed, but now I think about it, the elastic never seemed to wear out when I was thin. Is this yet another side effect of weight gain? 😮
7 months

getting breathless n sweaty walking up stairs lately for me
7 months

Ditzy:

Underwear is a thing for gainers for both men and women. I’m kinda low in the waist department after having to cut certain foods for health reasons. I’m trying to get my ball belly back, anyway, though!

My wife stopped wearing underwear years ago when her belly and butt got too huge for them and her waistline disappeared underneath it :-)
7 months

Quiet Cow:
I’ve had to replace all my bras recently because I’ve gone up a size and the old ones were too tight.

I’ve noticed my thighs touch a little more than they used to. It’s subtle but I like it.

My belly is starting to hang down, which is totally new for me.

I’ve started shopping for clothes in the plus size section.
6 months
1234   loading