Lifestyle tips

Clothing for a bigger body?

If you are gaining weight, tent dresses and stretch pants are the best, They allow for future gains.
1 year

There are lots of nice clothes for chubbier / heavier women nowadays. I have no idea which stores exist in the U. S. but I bet you can order nice things online. I don't know about your size, but some years ago, when I was already fatter than "average", I went to H&M and found some pretty things among the "pregnancy" clothes. Just browse the internet and you will find good and not too expensive things! You can be fat and still wear pretty things. The tent dress stuff is bulls*t.
1 year

Fat Heidi:
There are lots of nice clothes for chubbier / heavier women nowadays. I have no idea which stores exist in the U. S. but I bet you can order nice things online. I don't know about your size, but some years ago, when I was already fatter than "average", I went to H&M and found some pretty things among the "pregnancy" clothes. Just browse the internet and you will find good and not too expensive things! You can be fat and still wear pretty things. The tent dress stuff is bulls*t.

I concur. Just because you are fat doesn't mean you can't be cute.

Also, depending on your size, you can find some cute pieces in you local store. Walmart, HEB, Target, etc.
1 year

There’s a lot of options for women to look good at any size! I can’t say the same for us rotund men… seems like all bigger sizes are meant for tall men who are pretty big, not much for swarthy fat men
1 year

Fat Heidi:

Munchies:
I concur. Just because you are fat doesn't mean you can't be cute.

Also, depending on your size, you can find some cute pieces in you local store. Walmart, HEB, Target, etc.

Tubbslug:
Thank you for the ideas. I do need to try more options. Just haven't found my style yet.

Can’t go wrong with Torrid. It’s all my 325-pound other half can fit into these days :-)
1 year

Tubbslug:
Before I put on all this weight, I could pull off almost any style and feel that I looked good. But now it’s more difficult to find things that I feel good and comfortable in. I’m also a student, so don’t have a lot of spare $$. I’m tired of wearing sweats and loose T’s all the time and want to find something that suits my new shape. Any advice?

It might take some time to get used to and comfortable with your new body size and shape after being smaller, even if you wanted and enjoy the weight gain. But like everyone has said there are absolutely lots of cute clothes that look amazing on bigger bodies. You'll find things you feel comfortable and cute in, and there are lots of online places you can get larger sizes clothes for reasonable prices do you can experiment a bit to find a style you love for you.
1 year