Gaining

Here we go again

What a bummer. I typed up a message and, when I tried to send it, FF forced me to login and I lost the message.

Since I don't feel like trying to type that all up again, I'll just say that I'm going to take another shot at gaining with heavy whipping cream. I suspect the cause of the nausea has been that I've just been drinking more than my body can handle.

I'm going to gradually increase my consumption, and I'm going to drink less than I had been drinking before. Instead of drinking four servings per day, my max will be three. I will adjust my consumption, depending on how I feel.

I hope that gaining in this way will help me to gain weight sustainably. I'm currently out of town, but will resume gaining when I return home this Sunday.

I look forward to inflating like a balloon again smiley.
1 year

Here we go again

Pro-tip.. for very long posts it might be a good idea to type them up in Word or Notepad, or something similar. Then copy-paste when you're ready to post it.

That'll avoid the problem of potentially losing everything because browser cookies timed out or whatever it was.
1 year

Here we go again

ILuvChubbyChix:
Pro-tip.. for very long posts it might be a good idea to type them up in Word or Notepad, or something similar. Then copy-paste when you're ready to post it.

That'll avoid the problem of potentially losing everything because browser cookies timed out or whatever it was.

Variant of this good tip: i type into the FF form, but copy (to Mac clipboard) every so often. If it’s especially wonderful and/or tough to recreate, i’ll additionally save it as text (i paste the already copied text into a new TextEdit document and save that).
1 year

Here we go again

Thank you both! I'll remember both of those tips.
1 year

Here we go again

Ezneo:
Good luck Zora! Looking forward to reading your progress.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to posting consistent progress.
1 year

Here we go again

Beerpinecone:
Can't wait to see your progress!

You were honestly one of my original inspirations to start gaining with HC, so good luck!

Ik you're a pro, but one thing I've done recently that's really been working (also eventually started having trouble with HC) is to sometimes switch to half and half. Like gain with HC for a couple weeks, then half and half. Getting used to HC makes half and half taste exactly like whole milk so the half and half weeks are super easy and probably help to give my body a bit of a break from all the dairy fat.

Thank you very much! I'm happy to inspire smiley.

Ooh, that's a great tip! How long did you drink half & half before you were able to handle HC again? Did you drink HC until the nausea kicked in, or did you automatically switch to half & half after a couple of weeks?

I welcome tips and advice. If I can learn how to consistently gain weight on HC, while working around the nausea issue, I think I'll be able to make some fantastic progress.
1 year

Here we go again

First weigh-in: Sunday, November 27th, 2022.

The scale ready 230.2 pounds this morning. It was great spending time with my family for Thanksgiving. I'm getting ready for the drive back home.

I'll buy the heavy whipping cream as soon as I get back home. I'm starting out at 1 serving per day this week.

I'm also going to buy some juice and pudding. I'm going to increase the amount of carbs that I eat per day. The goal is not to gain weight from the carbs, but to consume the amount of carbs my body needs, based on my metabolic rate.

I'm supposed to get 45% to 65% of my daily calories from carbs. I'm going for 65%. I hope that, by keeping my carbs at the recommended amount, I'll avoid accidentally ending up in ketosis, and I'll be able to stabilize my weight. Lately I've been losing about 2 pounds per week without trying.

If I can stabilize my weight by consuming more carbs, this will help me maintain my gaining momentum in two ways:

1. I won't lose weight if I need to take a break from heavy whipping cream (HC).
2. Since I'm not losing weight, the HC won't have to work against a caloric deficit, and will be able to fatten me up more effectively.

I'm also going to become a member at Costco. Someone brought in a Costco pizza for a little party we had at work. It was just a plain cheese pizza, possibly with extra cheese, but it was AMAZING! Best pizza I've had in a while. The pizza alone is worth the membership smiley.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Happy gaining!
1 year

Here we go again

Second weigh-in: Saturday, December 3rd, 2022.

I know it's not quite a full week of gaining, but I'd prefer to do my weigh-ins on a Saturday. I checked the scale this morning and it read 233.8 pounds. That is a gain of 3.6 pounds. I was a little surprised. I didn't think I would gain so much weight from just one serving per day. I know I'm eating more carbs, but I was expecting that to just help me maintain my weight when I'm not drinking heavy whipping cream. I wasn't expecting it to give me such a boost to my weight gain.

My body has handled the heavy whipping cream well. I could tell that my body is starting to get used to the heavy whipping cream near the end of the week. I'm starting to feel the familiar heartburn that kicks in when it's time for me to eat again.

I had an entire pizza from Costco. I couldn't finish it all in one sitting, but I ate half the pizza on Thursday, and finished off the other half last night. I went for cheese again, and I added parsley flakes, oregano flakes, garlic, and red pepper flakes. So good! I look forward to trying their pepperoni pizza. I need to buy some Parmesan cheese.

Eating more carbs has been nice. A co-worker brought in some doughnuts for a meeting in the morning. He told me there were some left over, and that I could help myself to them. I walked into the room and saw a thin, female co-worker debating as to whether or not she "should" have a doughnut. She talked herself into it, mentioning that she does work out regularly. What a shame. I would have loved to eat that doughnut as well.

As for me, it was so liberating to not worry about whether or not I should eat the doughnut. I wanted the doughnut, so I ate it. There was only 1 1/2 doughnut left, but I finished it off, and felt no guilt whatsoever.

Tomorrow, I increase my heavy whipping cream consumption to two servings per day. I'll post another weigh-in next week. I do have some photos up here, but the last ones were from when I weighed 269 pounds. I'll post some updated photos once my weight gets up to at least 284 pounds. I want there to be at least a 15 pound difference between the photos.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Happy gaining!
1 year

Here we go again

Third weigh-in: Saturday, December 10th, 2022.

I checked the scale this morning and now weigh 239.0 pounds. That is a gain of 5.2 pounds in one week, and an overall gain of 8.8 pounds since resuming gaining on November 27th, 2022.

I've been drinking heavy cream twice per day this week and am handling that perfectly fine. I increase my consumption to three times per day, starting tomorrow. That will be the maximum number of servings I will drink per day. In total, I'll be drinking about a quart of heavy cream per day.

I'm very pleased with how much weight I gained this week. I'm looking forward to seeing how much weight I gain with the extra heavy cream.

Have a great weekend, everyone. I'll post another update next week Saturday. Happy gaining!
1 year

Here we go again

hi - congrats to results, keep the right path!
1 year
12   loading