Lifestyle tips

How do you react if fam/friends mention your partners weight gain?

My wife gained slowly about 45 pounds over 10 years since we are a couple.
She knows that I like her beeing chubby btw.
Lately she began to like her curves more and gained about 10 pounds in the last 3 months. I enjoy her new chub so much. And she also likes driving me crazy with her growing body.

One thing I think about is now that she noticeably got bigger and may continue, how should I react if someone mentions her gain to her when I am with her or if someone "asks" me if my wife has gotten a bit rounder.
Second case even happened to me some time ago as a friend mentioned that my gf has gotten a bit chubbier over the time and I just said "yeah might be" or something as I didn't want to say "Yes, great right? It's because I bring her food to make her fatter"
I just felt a bit uncomfortable and asked myself what would be the best reaction of that bit bold comment.

Cause it's obviously not a positive reaction in most cases and my wife is just getting used to her new curves and could be a bit insecure about reactions of our family.
I just don't want to react weird or make it even worse for her.

Someone has any experiences?
1 year

Don't get caught up in what other people think of her gaining some weight, because there are only two things that matter here: that your wife is comfortable and happy with her own body, and that you still love her and make sure she knows it. Anything that anyone else thinks or says is their own problem.

If someone asks about it, just say you love and adore her at any size.
1 year

Napolex:
My wife gained slowly about 45 pounds over 10 years since we are a couple.
She knows that I like her beeing chubby btw.
Lately she began to like her curves more and gained about 10 pounds in the last 3 months. I enjoy her new chub so much. And she also likes driving me crazy with her growing body.

One thing I think about is now that she noticeably got bigger and may continue, how should I react if someone mentions her gain to her when I am with her or if someone "asks" me if my wife has gotten a bit rounder.
Second case even happened to me some time ago as a friend mentioned that my gf has gotten a bit chubbier over the time and I just said "yeah might be" or something as I didn't want to say "Yes, great right? It's because I bring her food to make her fatter"
I just felt a bit uncomfortable and asked myself what would be the best reaction of that bit bold comment.

Cause it's obviously not a positive reaction in most cases and my wife is just getting used to her new curves and could be a bit insecure about reactions of our family.
I just don't want to react weird or make it even worse for her.

Someone has any experiences?

The first big guy I dated was insecure about his size. His mom threw a party so both our families could meet.

He'd actually lost a good chunk of weight by then. (I didn't tell him about my kink, but he was just as sexy to me either way, so I didn't care.) My mom knew he was chubby, but I guess she thought that meant only slightly. But when they met, he was 5'7" and about 250.

She (thankfully) waited until he left to help his mom with something, turned to me, and said,"He's a fat one, isn't he?"

I scowled at her, hissed "He's sensitive about that," and left it at that. I guess that must have spooked or something because she hasn't said anything about my preferences since.
1 year

Tell them you like the extra weight and that it turns you on. I love my wife’s extra hanging belly fat
1 year

It’s not anyone’s business honestly if she has gained weight. If she is happy about it or wants to change it, that is her. You are happy with her and she is happy with you. That’s all that matters
1 year

My wife has gained some weight since her pregnancy and my mom mentioned it not too long ago.

My best advice is the following: tell them you hear them, you understand their concern but the topic is not open for discussion.

Once I set that boundary, my mother stopped pulling me aside to comment on it.
1 year

Thank you all for your nice advices and tips smiley
I think it depends on who says what exactly.
On the one hand you can go with "we like it the way it is" or "don't tell her cause she is sensitive about it"

If a friend just makes a comment to me about her weight its ok to handle and there isn't really a reaction expected.
And of course I would tell that i like her the way she is, if it comes to a short conversation.

Only situation that might be a bit tricky is if someone mentions it to her when i and maybe others can hear it too. But keeping it low seems to be the best way. She should be able to handle it by herself.
I'll just invite her to a nice meal afterwards if she is annoyed about it.
1 year