General

Annoyed when people who aren't a romantic interest mention my weight.

BlackjackandBerries:
Such a complex topic for me and I am aware everyone feels different.

I feel aggravated, turned off, and annoyed when co workers, counselors, strangers, etc. Bring up my size or egg me on about me being fat. If I'm treating myself to second helpings and people comment on it, I am immediatley turned off.

Someone (kinda recently) pointed out the size of my belly asking if i was pregnant, and I was appalled and ashamed. I would think that is a normal thing to feel.

If a love interest or woman my age did or said these things to me though, I'd be red in the face, turned on, and trying to contain myself. Thats also normal I'm assuming.

I've gotten noticably chubby after previously being known by everyone as the "thin athletic muscley woman." But I am still under 200 lbs and considered tiny in the world of fat fetishism.

I'm still very active. But chubby. The scale says it. My clothes show it. People notice it. People comment on it. It's a fact now.

I wish that people would mind their own business and not comment on my body, nor perceive me, and just ignore me altogether and let me be fat in peace. But I really really want the exception of that to be cute women being the only ones to point out my body. Idk. I know I can't pick and choose and that it's unrealistic.

What I meant to ask in this post was, how do you cope with the frustration of strangers egging you on or intentionally being weird by commenting on your weight?

Or how do you "deal with it"? I've tried owning it, but then they just awkwardly keep going and it makes me uncomfortable because being fat in itself feels like an act of fetishism that I don't want strangers or co workers to participate in.

And this might sound weird but it's almost like they're invading my "personal fetish space"... even though it's just normal for society to just point a finger and go "FAT!".

Maybe I'm just making it weird. Idk.

I think it comes down to intent. Being fat is stigmatized. So, unless it was coming from someone who you knew found you attractive, you will assume negative connotations.

Super normal and natural.
1 year

I have the opposite feeling if the person is a stranger. I think to myself, "I'm so large people can't help but say something." I must have a gravitational pull.
Now if it's especially negative from people I somewhat know, that's when I feel embarrassed.
1 year

BlackjackandBerries:
Such a complex topic for me and I am aware everyone feels different.

I feel aggravated, turned off, and annoyed when co workers, counselors, strangers, etc. Bring up my size or egg me on about me being fat. If I'm treating myself to second helpings and people comment on it, I am immediatley turned off.

Someone (kinda recently) pointed out the size of my belly asking if i was pregnant, and I was appalled and ashamed. I would think that is a normal thing to feel.

If a love interest or woman my age did or said these things to me though, I'd be red in the face, turned on, and trying to contain myself. Thats also normal I'm assuming.

I've gotten noticably chubby after previously being known by everyone as the "thin athletic muscley woman." But I am still under 200 lbs and considered tiny in the world of fat fetishism.

I'm still very active. But chubby. The scale says it. My clothes show it. People notice it. People comment on it. It's a fact now.

I wish that people would mind their own business and not comment on my body, nor perceive me, and just ignore me altogether and let me be fat in peace. But I really really want the exception of that to be cute women being the only ones to point out my body. Idk. I know I can't pick and choose and that it's unrealistic.

What I meant to ask in this post was, how do you cope with the frustration of strangers egging you on or intentionally being weird by commenting on your weight?

Or how do you "deal with it"? I've tried owning it, but then they just awkwardly keep going and it makes me uncomfortable because being fat in itself feels like an act of fetishism that I don't want strangers or co workers to participate in.

And this might sound weird but it's almost like they're invading my "personal fetish space"... even though it's just normal for society to just point a finger and go "FAT!".

Maybe I'm just making it weird. Idk.

It sounds like having your weight commented on is something you find arousing and associate with foreplay, so you love having people you're attracted to say things but having random people make comments feels icky. For you it's the equivalent of a random slapping you on the backside or telling you they'd like to take you from behind - you didn't invite them to and you aren't interested in them, so it feels like a violation.

It's a personal thing for you, but like many have already mentioned it's not appropriate for anyone to comment on another person's body, especially regarding weight gain because it's usually comments stemming from fatphobia.
1 year

I see your problem, but I'm struggling to see a solution.

Only thing I can suggest is, do it only for you and forget all fatphobes and fatophiles
1 year