Lifestyle tips

If i gain a lot of weight, can i avoid double chin?

I’ve seen things I can wear around my head to prevent double chin, would this work even as I gain weight?
1 year

MrCupeKe:
I’ve seen things I can wear around my head to prevent double chin, would this work even as I gain weight?

As far as I know ones fat distribution is all about genetics. Fat will accumulate where it does and there isn't anything you can really do about it short of surgery. If you have overweight family members you may be able to tell how you might gain seeing where they do. But it isn't a guarantee.
1 year

MrCupeKe:

Save your money. Your genetics will determine if you get a double chin or not.
1 year

Once again to answer your questions you can't pick and choose where the fat will accumulate.
All of that is driven by your genetics which means you have no control over where the fat will go.
1 year

Ditzy:
Once again to answer your questions you can't pick and choose where the fat will accumulate.
All of that is driven by your genetics which means you have no control over where the fat will go.

I think the two most common pieces of advice you give are "You cannot control where you fat goes" and "If you want to gain weight, eat regular food, but more of it."

You're 100% correct.
1 year

Ditzy:

Munchies:
I think the two most common pieces of advice you give are "You cannot control where you fat goes" and "If you want to gain weight, eat regular food, but more of it."

You're 100% correct.

A quick browse of the forums shows that those 2 questions have been repeatedly asked and answered more times than we can count lol. I'd say it'd be helpful to make some kind of banner at the top of the forums answering those 2 questions. So that people would see it before asking. But I would guarantee it wouldn't change a thing smiley.
1 year

Its a newcomer question and I get that but I feel people just don't listen.
My goal here is to give honest answers to people's questions.
1 year

Ditzy:
Its a newcomer question and I get that but I feel people just don't listen.
My goal here is to give honest answers to people's questions.

Definitely! smiley I too try to help and answer questions the best I can. There can be some complex questions people ask here. Having experience or knowledge about it make things quicker and easier. Especially for people new to the forums and/or feedism.
It's just those times you see the same question asked over and over only to see 2 posts down the same question was asked and answered. It's like "just look or read the forums little, darnit!" LOL smiley
1 year

If I wanted to learn something I would ask questions of people with experience that actually know the subject matter.
Then there are people that ask questions and if they don't like your answer will get offended at an honest answer.
Then there are the kind that don't listen and will keep asking over and over with no intention of listening to what you say.
My BF calls those type ask holes
1 year

MrCupeKe:

there is something called "mewing", which you position the tongue on the palate as long as possible, if it is with a light force, better, . Also avoid breathing through your mouth, as this produces a bigger double chin.
1 year
12   loading