Gaining

Getting fat from medication side effects & starting to love it

I take certain meds that have the potential to cause weight gain. I posted here a year or so ago and never could put on the weight that I wanted to.

I've been on this med for almost 3 months and I've been gaining about 10lbs/month effortlessly. I'm hungry and/or wanting to eat all the time and now I only have 1 pair of jeans that barely fit. I used to want to be 160lbs a year ago, but now I'm 170-180 depending on what time of day I weigh myself.

The meds are working for what they're supposed to do and they make me feel relaxed enough to just accept it. I'll likely need to stay on this med for life, so I guess I'm just gonna be fat now. My med-induced appetite takes over whenever I try to limit myself on food. I always end up gorging myself even when I try to be healthy.

I just keep watching the scale go up and my body just keeps getting bigger, but mentally the med affects me so that I really don't get stressed out about it like I would have before. I'm overweight now, on the fast track to becoming obese, and it honestly feels relaxing and wonderful. The main thing I feel right now is a fascination with how my appetite and body are changing, especially since it's so quick.

If anyone here has had something similar happen to them, I'd love to talk about it more.
1 year

Experimentalgain:
I take certain meds that have the potential to cause weight gain. I posted here a year or so ago and never could put on the weight that I wanted to.

I've been on this med for almost 3 months and I've been gaining about 10lbs/month effortlessly. I'm hungry and/or wanting to eat all the time and now I only have 1 pair of jeans that barely fit. I used to want to be 160lbs a year ago, but now I'm 170-180 depending on what time of day I weigh myself.

The meds are working for what they're supposed to do and they make me feel relaxed enough to just accept it. I'll likely need to stay on this med for life, so I guess I'm just gonna be fat now. My med-induced appetite takes over whenever I try to limit myself on food. I always end up gorging myself even when I try to be healthy.

I just keep watching the scale go up and my body just keeps getting bigger, but mentally the med affects me so that I really don't get stressed out about it like I would have before. I'm overweight now, on the fast track to becoming obese, and it honestly feels relaxing and wonderful. The main thing I feel right now is a fascination with how my appetite and body are changing, especially since it's so quick.

If anyone here has had something similar happen to them, I'd love to talk about it more.

I take mood stabilizers and can only guess it’s something related to that. I was really skinny and not eating because of my issues. I gained 100lbs almost easy over the course of a few years. It feels like cheating lol. Sadly tho, your body does get used to the medication after a while and it starts to plateau a bit, or your body builds up a resistance to the meds. Surely that’s not the case for everyone, but I love feeling fat and happy personally smiley

It’s a win win.
1 year

Experimentalgain:

Not only did those medications increase my appetite, but they changed my cravings entirely. I was big into meats and salty snacks prior, but now crave sugar like crazy. Chocolate, sweets, ice cream, candy, I eat it till I feel sick and keep coming back for more lolol
1 year

Yeah, I'm on an antidepressant that was supposed to be weight neutral but apparently not for me. My cravings have definitely shifted towards fast food way more often then they used to. I just get so freaking hungry now that I can't help but eat, but when I finally give in I often get lazy and order takeout.

The medicine is definitely working for depression (definitely needed this med for that because it was bad). I just wasn't expecting to gain so much so quick. It's very bizarre to be regularly eating amounts that would've made me feel sick/throw up beforehand. Plus watching my body completely change is kind of a mind ****.

I'm definitely at a point where I'd rather be fat and happy vs average and miserable, so I'll be continuing to take this med. Like I said, it's just a really bizarre feeling having this happen so quick. 10 pounds a month seems like a lot and I have no idea when my gain is going to slow down. But I feel good overall and getting fat doesn't seem to bother me so much anymore, it's just weird.
1 year

Experimentalgain:
Yeah, I'm on an antidepressant that was supposed to be weight neutral but apparently not for me. My cravings have definitely shifted towards fast food way more often then they used to. I just get so freaking hungry now that I can't help but eat, but when I finally give in I often get lazy and order takeout.

The medicine is definitely working for depression (definitely needed this med for that because it was bad). I just wasn't expecting to gain so much so quick. It's very bizarre to be regularly eating amounts that would've made me feel sick/throw up beforehand. Plus watching my body completely change is kind of a mind ****.

I'm definitely at a point where I'd rather be fat and happy vs average and miserable, so I'll be continuing to take this med. Like I said, it's just a really bizarre feeling having this happen so quick. 10 pounds a month seems like a lot and I have no idea when my gain is going to slow down. But I feel good overall and getting fat doesn't seem to bother me so much anymore, it's just weird.

What med?
1 year

Experimentalgain:

Give in and enjoy it smiley

When I started mine i was eating 3/5 full size snicker bars on top of my normal eating every day. I drive for a living and hit gas stations several times in a day. Would always grab a snickers, soda, and chips on my way out haha. I use to hate ice cream too when I was unmediated. I eat 2/3 ice cream cones in one sitting when I really crave sugar hard haha. I love it personally. I was a skinny person who desperately wanted to be fat. Watching my body change and going thru the embarrassment of my clothes not fitting was something I wanted to experience so badly. It was a win win. I tossed one of my old T shirts on the other day before I went into the shower, and i couldent get it to fully cover my belly lol. I just wish more of it would distribute evenly around my body. I’m all gut and butt lol. I’m envious of how women carry fat on them, I want the same thing smiley
1 year

Experimentalgain:

I’m so jealous! My girlfriend has been in and out of meds and some of them have made her gain weight (she’s not into this so she changed them).
You should be very proud of yourself, that’s the best way to gain!
1 year

Applies to my wife, who has been north of 300 pounds for several years now. She put on about a hundred pounds after high school from a combination of her first pregnancy, a lot of steroid-based meds to control her asthma and doing the depo shot as a means of birth control. She had her second child despite the depo, which she says changed her body forever. Her butt went from being just chubby to bring huge :-)
1 year

HappyBigBelly:
Applies to my wife, who has been north of 300 pounds for several years now. She put on about a hundred pounds after high school from a combination of her first pregnancy, a lot of steroid-based meds to control her asthma and doing the depo shot as a means of birth control. She had her second child despite the depo, which she says changed her body forever. Her butt went from being just chubby to bring huge :-)

I saw some of this first hand with a GF I dated a long time ago. She went on the depo shot for birth control and in 3 months gained 45 lbs. I absolutely loved it, but she didn’t as much. She ate as if she was pregnant all the time from the first week of taking it. I imagine this has a similar effect on a percentage of women that take and not so with others like all medications. She was probably 150-160 lbs. before she started, quite chubby and sexy, but after that 3 months before she went off the shot she turned into a Beautiful woman! The nice thing is it took several months to shed any of the new weight and she kept eating pretty hearty for a while after. I never stayed in touch after we ended things but I wonder if that much of a gain has rebound or lasting results from that shot later in life even when off it? I do know several women that have gained a lot from medications and even after they went off of them stayed Fatter.
1 year

HappyBigBelly:

Voluptuouslover:
I saw some of this first hand with a GF I dated a long time ago. She went on the depo shot for birth control and in 3 months gained 45 lbs. I absolutely loved it, but she didn’t as much. She ate as if she was pregnant all the time from the first week of taking it. I imagine this has a similar effect on a percentage of women that take and not so with others like all medications. She was probably 150-160 lbs. before she started, quite chubby and sexy, but after that 3 months before she went off the shot she turned into a Beautiful woman! The nice thing is it took several months to shed any of the new weight and she kept eating pretty hearty for a while after. I never stayed in touch after we ended things but I wonder if that much of a gain has rebound or lasting results from that shot later in life even when off it? I do know several women that have gained a lot from medications and even after they went off of them stayed Fatter.

They definitely do have a lasting effect, if my wife is any indication ;-) She has the normal amount of limited mobility you’d expect from being 325 or so, but enjoys those dimensions and wouldn’t change a thing!
1 year
12   loading