Extreme obesity

My dreams and desires have changed since i gave in

Ever since giving into Gluttony my desires have become darker. Now I think about just giving up about health issues and just enjoy. Stuffing my belly till one day my heart gives out. Is that strange?
1 year

I've gone through the same thing myself. As soon as I decided to quit feeling ashamed of my desire to gain weight, I started realizing that while I previously had thought of gaining to about 400 lbs, once I decided to accept myself as I was I started thinking I don't care if I'm 800 or even 900 lbs and horribly unhealthy because I'll at least be extremely happy with how my body looks
1 year

My priorities and interests and desires have changed too with getting fatter. A lit more of my life and efforts and wants and needs revolve around food these days.
10 months

Bigdoug:
My priorities and interests and desires have changed too with getting fatter. A lit more of my life and efforts and wants and needs revolve around food these days.

Glad you are having fun, but I'd be careful making food your priority in most aspects of your life.

I had a feedee that was into extreme weight gain (like I am) and decided to get fat no matter the cost. Went from being a pretty chill guy to a man that pretty much worshipped the gains at all cost.

He was a pretty smart guy at first, but I noticed after he switched to a diet of heavy cream and fast foods, he got dumb real fast. He was missing huge swaths of necessary nutrients, and I couldn't get him to eat better.

Then other aspects of his professional and personal life started getting hit by his choices. I left him when it became clear he was too addicted to change.

So yeah. Have fun with the gains, but be mindful.
10 months

Bigdoug:

Munchies:
Glad you are having fun, but I'd be careful making food your priority in most aspects of your life.

I had a feedee that was into extreme weight gain (like I am) and decided to get fat no matter the cost. Went from being a pretty chill guy to a man that pretty much worshipped the gains at all cost.

He was a pretty smart guy at first, but I noticed after he switched to a diet of heavy cream and fast foods, he got dumb real fast. He was missing huge swaths of necessary nutrients, and I couldn't get him to eat better.

Then other aspects of his professional and personal life started getting hit by his choices. I left him when it became clear he was too addicted to change.

Agree with Munchies here. There's definitely nothing inherently "bad" about rearranging your priorities to gain, but it's important to understand A LOT will change. When I decided to regain some lost weight, I was obsessed with it. I was eating and snacking all day, every day, and if I wasn't putting food in my face, I was too bloated to function, existing in a stupor almost. Ultimately, I couldn't concentrate well while working from home, didn't want to clean, and didn't want to go anywhere unless it was to eat. While in theory that was fine (and I did pack on 100 pounds in five months), it became all there was to my life. Again, not inherently bad and certainly a personal choice, but I found I had to be more realistic. Still gaining by the way-- ten to fifteen pounds a month, which some might consider a lot -- and still eating tons of food, just had to reestablish some balance. I said that all to say, there's some merit in checking in with yourself along your journey to make sure what you're doing is still bringing you joy.
9 months

Bigdoug:

Munchies:

BigBallBellyGirl:
Agree with Munchies here. There's definitely nothing inherently "bad" about rearranging your priorities to gain, but it's important to understand A LOT will change. When I decided to regain some lost weight, I was obsessed with it. I was eating and snacking all day, every day, and if I wasn't putting food in my face, I was too bloated to function, existing in a stupor almost. Ultimately, I couldn't concentrate well while working from home, didn't want to clean, and didn't want to go anywhere unless it was to eat. While in theory that was fine (and I did pack on 100 pounds in five months), it became all there was to my life. Again, not inherently bad and certainly a personal choice, but I found I had to be more realistic. Still gaining by the way-- ten to fifteen pounds a month, which some might consider a lot -- and still eating tons of food, just had to reestablish some balance. I said that all to say, there's some merit in checking in with yourself along your journey to make sure what you're doing is still bringing you joy.

Yup. Consume, but don't be consumed.
9 months

Bigdoug:

Munchies:

BigBallBellyGirl:

Munchies:

Well, that’s a whole lot of assumptions and advice I didn’t ask for, based on a pretty broad, non-specific comment of mine. I don’t think my IQ has changed just because I got older and fatter; still holding the same job I had ten years ago, still with my spouse and family, interacting and enjoying my life.
9 months

Bigdoug:

Munchies:

BigBallBellyGirl:

Munchies:

Bigdoug:
Well, that’s a whole lot of assumptions and advice I didn’t ask for, based on a pretty broad, non-specific comment of mine. I don’t think my IQ has changed just because I got older and fatter; still holding the same job I had ten years ago, still with my spouse and family, interacting and enjoying my life.

I don't think that was a personal attack...
9 months

Bigdoug:

Munchies:

BigBallBellyGirl:

Munchies:

Bigdoug:

Nofbar:

You are correct Nofbar. It was not a personal attack at all.

If you reread what I posted Bigdoug, you will see I said be careful about prioritizing food. I didn't say that you were actively participating in such behavior.

If you look through the forums, you will see that I give this warning to a lot of users. Why? Because, unfortunately, a lot of people on this site engage in disordered eating habits in an attempt to get fat - sometimes on purpose.

If I believed you were actively engaging in disordered eating, I would be telling you to seek help instead of saying to be mindful.
9 months

Bigdoug:

Munchies:

BigBallBellyGirl:

Munchies:

Bigdoug:

Nofbar:

Munchies:
You are correct Nofbar. It was not a personal attack at all.

If you reread what I posted Bigdoug, you will see I said be careful about prioritizing food. I didn't say that you were actively participating in such behavior.

If you look through the forums, you will see that I give this warning to a lot of users. Why? Because, unfortunately, a lot of people on this site engage in disordered eating habits in an attempt to get fat - sometimes on purpose.

If I believed you were actively engaging in disordered eating, I would be telling you to seek help instead of saying to be mindful.

Munchies, I definitely take your point as it was intended. Not everyone has the same experience. In my case, when I was at peak obsession:

- I was completely sedentary because I was constantly wildly overstuffed.
- I rejected social interaction because I didn't feel like moving.
- I was often in pain, nauseated, or constipated.
- I felt like I couldn't focus, and work suffered.
- I stopped caring about hygiene, when I had previously taken a lot of pride in my appearance as a fat woman.

Was I bad or immoral because of these things? Of course not. Will others necessarily have the same experience? No. But for me, when the obsession took over, I realized I wasn't actually happy anymore, so I adapted. I definitely didn't reverse course. In fact, I've already gained 10 lb since July 1st, and I plan to gain a lot more. My only point is that there's a benefit in checking in with yourself to see if you're happy and still enjoying what you're doing. If the answer is yes, keep going. If not, then make the changes you need to make to be happy.
9 months
12   loading