General

It's a myth that fat people can't feel the cold!

Because I'm huge and I can. Omg, it's freezing. Even with the heating on it's still chilly šŸ„¶
1 year

You guys get cold for sure but totally keep us skinny people warm smiley
1 year

I absolutely do not like cold weather.
I keep a small heater under my desk at work because I get cold easy.
My BF is a big guy and he stays hot all the time.He wears shorts in the winter which is nuts to me.
1 year

Summerr:
Because I'm huge and I can. Omg, it's freezing. Even with the heating on it's still chilly šŸ„¶

Fun fact. Muscle mass is better at keeping people warm than fat. This is because muscle is denser.

You can still get cold either way.
1 year

Since I am fat, I am always hot... Whereas before when I was thin I was always cold. I should point out that I was really thin before ....
1 year

In my experience it works like any kind of insulation. It takes me longer to get cold but once I'm cold it takes for ever to get warm.
1 year

I donā€™t notice the cold but Iā€™m from frosty Minnesota. What I canā€™t stand is heat.

Funny though, as Iā€™ve gotten more body fat I tend to notice the fat kind of changes in extreme cold maybe close to freezes? and when it warms up it tingles
1 year

Severely underweight people do get cold much more easily than fat or safely skinny people, so that is probably where the misconception comes from, but itā€™s so stupid that people really believe it. Obviously fat people can still get cold, being human and all.
1 year

Yeah, it depends on the person. In the years since Iā€™ve put a decent about of weight on my bones, I donā€™t get shivery-cold in the winter like I did as a kid. I have rather large veins, though, which has always made me an ā€œeasy stickā€ when giving blood or IV for certain surgeries. It also makes for good blood flow and, thus, being warm more often than not.

My wife is 325 pounds of luscious beauty but gets cold much easier than me because she has small veins. Sheā€™s been a ā€œhard stickā€ when it comes to giving blood, IV for
certain surgeries, etc. it makes for slower circulation and being cold in the winter more often than not.
1 year

Summerr:

As an amateur scientist I'm trying to figure this out. The temperature in a room can be 23C but because it's cold outside we feel cold inside.

There's either something more to this or it's just women act like princesses when it comes to their comfort.
1 year
12   loading