General

How common is this fetish?

Every now and then I wonder what percentage of the population has a fat fetish- especially when compared to other fetishes like feet, bondage, etc. Obviously, we can see how many accounts are on certain websites or follow models, but this doesn’t account for those who engage with it in other ways.
I’m not even sure it CAN be measured, since (as is evident on this site) the fetish takes difficulty forms. Some may not even see it as a fetish, and more as a preference or something. Still, the general curiosity won’t go away. I don’t know, if anyone has any thoughts/insights on how common this is, I’d love to hear it.
1 year

Technically everyone has it, let me explain

It is widely believed that every single person will develop a want for a bigger partner under stress, because eons ago, when humans didn’t have an abundance of resources, stress usually came with a drought or a bad harvest, which meant someone larger had food

In the sense of the people who’s preference never “turns off”, well, that’s more difficult to gage, someone would have to go around asking everyone if they like fat, being fat, or any other relation to the fetish. And I’m sure a lot of people wouldn’t admit it due to the stigma surrounding beauty
1 year

Tentacles:
I think attraction to fat people is definitely way more common than attraction to weight gain. Attraction to fat people is more of a preference than fetish though. Although women eating sexily seems common.

I agree. In the USA I see a lot of happily married obese women. This goes against societal norms we’ve been made to believe. That men only are attracted to and stay with slim women.
1 year

Don’t have any real data, but I have a feeling that a lot more people like fatter people than what our norms would suggest. A whole different matter if they are into the fetish or just preference.

As I have recently began to be more active for example on this site, I have noticed that there are a lot less users from anywhere else than USA. I myself am a Finn.
1 year

BloatedGymGuy:
Don’t have any real data, but I have a feeling that a lot more people like fatter people than what our norms would suggest. A whole different matter if they are into the fetish or just preference.

As I have recently began to be more active for example on this site, I have noticed that there are a lot less users from anywhere else than USA. I myself am a Finn.

You have a good point. However I see more international activity on this site compared to many other WG or fetish sites.
There is a Finnish artist on deviant art under the avatar “Kip Tei Tei” she’s an amazing WG artist you should check out her profile there.
1 year

BloatedGymGuy:

Fanedfox:
You have a good point. However I see more international activity on this site compared to many other WG or fetish sites.
There is a Finnish artist on deviant art under the avatar “Kip Tei Tei” she’s an amazing WG artist you should check out her profile there.

Thanks, I’m going to check her work!
1 year

I've wondered about this before, like just how much about a fetish/ sexual preferences in general are defined by a genetic factor, or an environmental factor
As with most things tho,
It's probably a mixture of the two.
In the case of Americans
One'd think they are proportionality more into feedism because their culture simply exposes them to overt gluttony more often
If they had the predisposition pre-wired the exposure at the right age would set the fetish in for life.
But it's really hard to work any science with feedists populations because there is marginally no data
Like what is the actual proportion of feedist in the general population vs that of the US?
no one fucking knows!!
One more thing, the English language is the most prevalent on the internet, and US population is the biggest anglophone in numbers and afflunce
So they are over-represented on the internet in all topics, feedism being merely one of them.
BTW I'm from Brazil, and down here both feedism and just any non fetish preferences for fatter people are a major non-spoken taboo.
To the point I actually thought I was the only person into weight gain before I learned English and saw the English internet.
It is that bad
1 year

Meatycake:
I've wondered about this before, like just how much about a fetish/ sexual preferences in general are defined by a genetic factor, or an environmental factor
As with most things tho,
It's probably a mixture of the two.
In the case of Americans
One'd think they are proportionality more into feedism because their culture simply exposes them to overt gluttony more often
If they had the predisposition pre-wired the exposure at the right age would set the fetish in for life.
But it's really hard to work any science with feedists populations because there is marginally no data
Like what is the actual proportion of feedist in the general population vs that of the US?
no one fucking knows!!
One more thing, the English language is the most prevalent on the internet, and US population is the biggest anglophone in numbers and afflunce
So they are over-represented on the internet in all topics, feedism being merely one of them.
BTW I'm from Brazil, and down here both feedism and just any non fetish preferences for fatter people are a major non-spoken taboo.
To the point I actually thought I was the only person into weight gain before I learned English and saw the English internet.
It is that bad

These are all good points.

I wonder if fat fetishism is so prevelent in my country because our mainstream culture glorifies thinness and demonizes fattness - all while most Americans are fat? Who knows?

I wonder how many feedist spaces are out there for non-English speakers
1 year

Casually Walking:

It is widely believed that every single person will develop a want for a bigger partner under stress, because eons ago, when humans didn’t have an abundance of resources, stress usually came with a drought or a bad harvest, which meant someone larger had food

In the sense of the people who’s preference never “turns off”, well, that’s more difficult to gage, someone would have to go around asking everyone if they like fat, being fat, or any other relation to the fetish. And I’m sure a lot of people wouldn’t admit it due to the stigma surrounding beauty

So perhaps fat fetishism is based on stress in childhood
1 year

Casually Walking:

Bellyempire:
So perhaps fat fetishism is based on stress in childhood

This doesn't make any sense or reflect most feedists live experiences. Also, widely believed? Where are these sources?
1 year
123   loading