General

Empathy for your fellow feedists

Don't put politics in feederism, it has nothing to do with it.
Society is like that, being fat will never be a focus because it is bad for health and it is considered unsightly by most people, and that's why I'm involved in feederism is the desire to go the other way.
1 year

Admirer63:
Don't put politics in feederism, it has nothing to do with it.
Society is like that, being fat will never be a focus because it is bad for health and it is considered unsightly by most people, and that's why I'm involved in feederism is the desire to go the other way.

I understand the desire to keep politics out of kink. A lot of people turn to kink for escapism.

But, for a lot of people, politics and feedism are intertwined. So it's a big ask to have people avoid politics when it comes to feedism - no matter what that person's politics are.
1 year

Nameistoolon:
Some respectful feedback from someone who also read the article (I wrote it).

YumNom:
Feedists are in the minority, not fat people.

I’ve found a lot of great thought provoking content on tumblr. Obviously it’s not all good, but what site is? Where do you go to find content if you want to learn and have your views challenged?

Spike:
I’m sorry you didn’t find anything insightful from the article. I’d love to hear your thoughts if you have any, I made sure to ask for feedback given that I only have a single point of view.

The issue with tumblr and social media in general is that their not good for challenging views but confirming your bias. This is why social bubbles fragmented us so much. There is also something off when comparing feederism/fat people to minorities.
1 year

Admirer63: Don't put politics in feederism, it has nothing to do with it.

Agreed with Munchies, in an ideal world politics and kink would be completely separate. Sadly that's not the case. I see you're French. In America, one political party is fighting to deny people affordable health insurance if they have a pre-existing condition like obesity. I don't think I need to explain why this would be a bad thing for the community. Enjoy your universal health care... not all of us are so lucky.

Spike: Why so much emphasis on feabie for altering the community and not things like mukbang getting popularized on youtube and overall society as a whole altering? (hookup culture for example changed even the ability for me to MEET people , like they wont meet unless sex, so i imagine things like that and society have changed the dynamic)

That's a good point about mukbang, I could see how that would be a gateway drug into feedism. Hookup culture as well, and I imagine that has been even more difficult as someone who is Ace. I'm not Ace, but can totally relate to the difficulty in making IRL friends as a result of cultural shifts online.

YumNom: The issue with tumblr and social media in general is that their not good for challenging views but confirming your bias. This is why social bubbles fragmented us so much. There is also something off when comparing feederism/fat people to minorities.

I'm not comparing feedists to minorities, and feel I'm being taken out of context here. I said that online hate toward disenfranchised groups has increased over the past few years, and that includes fat people and feedists... nothing more. Regarding social media being bad for challenging views and good for confirming bias, I actually completely agree with you here. I just don't know what the alternative is for a small group like us that isn't colocated. I figured I'd give constructive conversation a shot before giving up, and I'm doing it here on FF because I find the forum based structure better for that than endless newsfeeds like Feabie and Tumblr.
1 year

Munchies:
I understand the desire to keep politics out of kink. A lot of people turn to kink for escapism.

But, for a lot of people, politics and feedism are intertwined. So it's a big ask to have people avoid politics when it comes to feedism - no matter what that person's politics are.

Tentacles:
In what ways does it intertwine with politics for you?[/quote]

I frequently deal with a lot of misogyny and occasionally racism on this site. Fat people do face discrimination for their size - which is compounded by various intersectionalism. So, that's the biggest thing. But, there's also how patriarchy and societal norms influence this space as well. Not just for women but for all genders. I'm a domme feeder, so it's interesting how so many men on this site want to shrug off the burdens of hegemonic patriarchy so they can be emotionally vulnerable and taken care of.

Then there's the economic factor. This is an expensive kink. You must factor in food, clothing, medical care, etc. Then there's fatphobia in the medical industry. A lot of doctors will fixate on your "weight problem" instead of properly diagnosing you. There are horror stories for days on this site alone.

And on, and on the list goes.
1 year

Munchies:

Tentacles:
In what ways does it intertwine with politics for you?

Munchies:
I frequently deal with a lot of misogyny and occasionally racism on this site. Fat people do face discrimination for their size - which is compounded by various intersectionalism. So, that's the biggest thing. But, there's also how patriarchy and societal norms influence this space as well. Not just for women but for all genders. I'm a domme feeder, so it's interesting how so many men on this site want to shrug off the burdens of hegemonic patriarchy so they can be emotionally vulnerable and taken care of.

Then there's the economic factor. This is an expensive kink. You must factor in food, clothing, medical care, etc. Then there's fatphobia in the medical industry. A lot of doctors will fixate on your "weight problem" instead of properly diagnosing you. There are horror stories for days on this site alone.

And on, and on the list goes.

Tentacles:
This seems like wider society being reflected in this community. While conservative types tend to stigmatise kinks it is obviously very different to being gay. On the topic of medicine I think the stigma may be even stronger in places like the UK where it may be perceived as wasting taxpayer money.[/quote]

Nothing exists in a vacuum. You can try to divorce your fetishes from reality, but the truth that the two are intertwined. And since you cannot escape the real world from influencing your kink, you can't really avoid politics. Even if you never talk about it, it's still a part of it.
1 year
12   loading