Fat experiences

Fat shamed

My friends mother and his little sister fat shamed me, we go back to grade school lol said I threw away my body and that I used to be so handsome asking why I got so fat I mean granted the last time I saw them I was like 220 I’m now almost 400 I guess it’s kinda to be expected just wasn’t prepared for fat shaming first time I don’t know how people get off on fat shaming like this, I was just off put and embarrassed. I just kinda explained how I like food and stopped working out, she said clearly! He just pressed on not saying anything
1 year

Fat shamed

It’s an unfortunate reality that fat shaming is still considered acceptable by many people. I remember at a young age seeing one of my heavy classmates taunted at school; I thought people ganging up on him like that was cowardly and pathetic. We became good friends, and he turned out to be a gifted genius.

The first and only time I’ve been directly shamed for my weight was at my father’s funeral, of all places. It’s just not the kind of thing one easily forgets, because it’s so insanely insensitive and hurtful.
1 year

Fat shamed

Morbidly A Beast:
My friends mother and his little sister fat shamed me, we go back to grade school lol said I threw away my body and that I used to be so handsome asking why I got so fat I mean granted the last time I saw them I was like 220 I’m now almost 400 I guess it’s kinda to be expected just wasn’t prepared for fat shaming first time I don’t know how people get off on fat shaming like this, I was just off put and embarrassed. I just kinda explained how I like food and stopped working out, she said clearly! He just pressed on not saying anything

I'm sorry, love. You didn't deserve that.

I think that, for most people, they enjoy it from an intimate partner that they know loves their body. When it comes from someone else that doesn't feel the same way, it hits different.

Of course, there are people who get off on fat shaming even though the other person means what they say. And for those, there's a bit of a thrill in rebelling against the status quo.

It's not for everyone.
1 year

Fat shamed

Frogman:
It’s an unfortunate reality that fat shaming is still considered acceptable by many people. I remember at a young age seeing one of my heavy classmates taunted at school; I thought people ganging up on him like that was cowardly and pathetic. We became good friends, and he turned out to be a gifted genius.

The first and only time I’ve been directly shamed for my weight was at my father’s funeral, of all places. It’s just not the kind of thing one easily forgets, because it’s so insanely insensitive and hurtful.

People can be cruel. It doesn't help that a lot of people think that fat shaming is ethical bullying. In their pea brains, if they fat shame someone, it will inspire them to "shape up". Which doesn't make any kind of sense.
1 year

Fat shamed

Some people need to put others down to feel better I guess that’s what happens when you ruin your marriage with 5 kids from drinking.. all the sisters were gymnasts and my friend wrestled with me, all to this day are tiny I suppose there’s image issues there looking back at it.

I guess it makes sense when it’s agreed on, not much different than pet naming but to just be fat shamed like I was and get off on it, god bless ya more power to ya.
1 year

Fat shamed

Frogman:

Munchies:
People can be cruel. It doesn't help that a lot of people think that fat shaming is ethical bullying. In their pea brains, if they fat shame someone, it will inspire them to "shape up". Which doesn't make any kind of sense.

The only time I could see that being effective is if you have a cut for a weigh in lol
1 year

Fat shamed

Morbidly A Beast:
Some people need to put others down to feel better I guess that’s what happens when you ruin your marriage with 5 kids from drinking.. all the sisters were gymnasts and my friend wrestled with me, all to this day are tiny I suppose there’s image issues there looking back at it.

I guess it makes sense when it’s agreed on, not much different than pet naming but to just be fat shamed like I was and get off on it, god bless ya more power to ya.

It's very gross. I've never been fat, but I've been fat shamed. I used to be underweight. When I put on 5 lbs and move to the low end of normal for my height, my family went OFF.

The weirdest part it is was 5 lbs of muscle, not fat. And I think I looked better for it.

Fat forward to today, and I'm even more muscular. I'm not shredded, so I have some curves as well (no belly, horny boys). Most would call me athletically thick. Yet I still get comments from family members about how I should "reduce" myself. These are, of course, the same family members that rely on my strength.
1 year

Fat shamed

Morbidly A Beast:

If people are blunt with me I am blunt right back. If it was me I would say well that’s nice first time we have seen me in years and that’s what you focus on, not how am I or what have I have been doing, gee what a great person you have become…
1 year

Fat shamed

For me it's like...shame me for it all you want. I'm going to keep gaining!
1 year

Fat shamed

Morbidly A Beast:

Bigwideland:
If people are blunt with me I am blunt right back. If it was me I would say well that’s nice first time we have seen me in years and that’s what you focus on, not how am I or what have I have been doing, gee what a great person you have become…

👍🏾
1 year