General

This is wrong

Society is bad enough for young people and now this?

www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/health/new-guidance-on-childhood-obesity-urges-medication-and-surgery
1 year

This is wrong

Just another opportunity to intervene medically and have the state foot the bill.

The battle between the body acceptance people and those who say it should be altered will be epic.

What if Obese becomes and identity, a protected characteristic. They say that deaf people are very proud of their deaf identity having learned sign language and ways of living well as a deaf person. I read a New Scientist article about this. The last thing they want is someone curing them of their identity.

Once someone has incorporated corpulence into their person then it's a direct attack on them to offer to resolve that problem.

Heck it's a direct attack on them if they're still struggling with the fact that they are fat and the mixed messages they are getting about it.
1 year

This is wrong

Weetabix:
Just another opportunity to intervene medically and have the state foot the bill.

The battle between the body acceptance people and those who say it should be altered will be epic.

What if Obese becomes and identity, a protected characteristic. They say that deaf people are very proud of their deaf identity having learned sign language and ways of living well as a deaf person. I read a New Scientist article about this. The last thing they want is someone curing them of their identity.

Once someone has incorporated corpulence into their person then it's a direct attack on them to offer to resolve that problem.

Heck it's a direct attack on them if they're still struggling with the fact that they are fat and the mixed messages they are getting about it.

I'm not against the idea of kids being on weightloss medication.

HOWEVER

It should only be used if the child's obesity is causing serious health complications and nothing else is working.
1 year

This is wrong

Munchies:

HOWEVER

It should only be used if the child's obesity is causing serious health complications and nothing else is working.

Yeah, you know they will say it's a health thing regardless. Where would the line be drawn? They made children have the jab even when the gov appointed advisers said it offered no benefit to the children and even a slight risk. They simply found some other advisers who said it would benefit their education to get jabbed.

It won't be a battle on the basis of evidence and reason, it will be on mental health v physical health.
1 year

This is wrong

Munchies:

HOWEVER

Weetabix:
Yeah, you know they will say it's a health thing regardless. Where would the line be drawn? They made children have the jab even when the gov appointed advisers said it offered no benefit to the children and even a slight risk. They simply found some other advisers who said it would benefit their education to get jabbed.

It won't be a battle on the basis of evidence and reason, it will be on mental health v physical health.

Hey, let's keep the COVID vaccine out of this. It's a hot button topic and it quickly devolve this conversation.
1 year

This is wrong

I assume you're a mod. I assume I've been warned you will ban me. I'll shut up voluntarily because if I don't I will be shut up involuntarily. thanks for nothing.
1 year

This is wrong

Weetabix:
I assume you're a mod. I assume I've been warned you will ban me. I'll shut up voluntarily because if I don't I will be shut up involuntarily. thanks for nothing.

I'm??? Not a mod???
1 year

This is wrong

Imo

I do think childhood obesity is something to be concerned about. Ik sounds a bit odd when I'm on a site like this and am getting fatter myself. But that's a life choice I've chosen being a grown up and knowing the risks.

whenever I do see pretty obese kids, I honestly do feel concern for them, it's something to really worry about at that age
1 year

This is wrong

I think parents should be willing and able to raise their children how ever they seem fit. But I personally wish I wouldn't have spent all those years loosing weight. Because I have always liked being fat. So. There is that too.
1 year

This is wrong

Weetabix:

Why do you have to be such an extremist about it? The vast majority of fat people would like to lose weight. The vast majority of deaf people would love to be able to hear. The vast majority of blind people would love to be able to see. Why do you want to force them to "embrace" it? Why do you want to forbid people from helping them?

Sure, if someone doesn't want that help, that choice should be available too. But don't take away that choice from those who want to use it.
1 year
123   loading