Lifestyle tips

Fashion tips? i guess?

I recently started having issues with what I’m seeing in the mirror. Over the past five years I’ve put on about 60lbs and I’m to the point where my clothes can’t hide my gain any longer. Or maybe a better statement is that my clothing style no longer matches my physique? My closet is full of fitted shirts and slim fit button downs because I’ve never been a fan of shapeless shirts that hang off your body. Now I’m struggling to come to terms with shirts clinging to my bloated love handles, budding moobs, and growing gut.

I suppose it’s easy to chalk this newfound insecurity with the way clothes look on me as commonplace on my journey to obesity. But I’ve had over a decade to learn how to cultivate my style as a 200lb man and I’m unsure how to adapt with my ever changing figure at 260+.

I guess I’m asking for recommendations for plus size male fashion? Does that exist? Lol

Sorry if I ramble, I’m still trying to flesh out and organize my thoughts on this issue. I certainly appreciate any advice I receive. Thanks for reading.
1 year

Fashion tips? i guess?

You’ll wanna wear your size first and foremost anything to small will make you feel and look like a sausage, better to go bigger but not to big.
1 year

Fashion tips? i guess?

DoomBot:
I recently started having issues with what I’m seeing in the mirror. Over the past five years I’ve put on about 60lbs and I’m to the point where my clothes can’t hide my gain any longer. Or maybe a better statement is that my clothing style no longer matches my physique? My closet is full of fitted shirts and slim fit button downs because I’ve never been a fan of shapeless shirts that hang off your body. Now I’m struggling to come to terms with shirts clinging to my bloated love handles, budding moobs, and growing gut.

I suppose it’s easy to chalk this newfound insecurity with the way clothes look on me as commonplace on my journey to obesity. But I’ve had over a decade to learn how to cultivate my style as a 200lb man and I’m unsure how to adapt with my ever changing figure at 260+.

I guess I’m asking for recommendations for plus size male fashion? Does that exist? Lol

Sorry if I ramble, I’m still trying to flesh out and organize my thoughts on this issue. I certainly appreciate any advice I receive. Thanks for reading.

Play around with different cuts, fits, colors, etc. You don't have to look like a bum if you don't want to. I would spend a few hours going to stores and try on clothes. See what you like.
1 year

Fashion tips? i guess?

For me, sweatpants and comfortable clothes only. Nothing too tight for regular wear.
1 year

Fashion tips? i guess?

DoomBot:

I used to have the same problems too but over time I just got used to it. I weight 275 pounds but still used buttoned short sleeves (2xl for the most part) . At a certain weight your just going to have to deal with your fat being exposed,especially when you sit down.Playing with colors is part of it too since if you use a white or any bright colors,it will reveal more fat than darker shirts

One time I wore an all black buttoned shirt for the first time when experimenting and I got a bunch of compliments
1 year

Fashion tips? i guess?

This is a great topic as I struggle with this as well. My issue is always how I should wear my pants. Especially when I was a bit smaller around 260/270, my waist would always slip under my belly and my pants would not look right.

Being bigger and softer at currently 294, pants seem to fit better with the waist around my belly and the length of the pants fit better too.

I feel it is trial and error but also hard to manage through the body changes. For me, the fatter I get, the easier it came to dressing. Not to mention that you acclimate to after a while to your size and being comfortable at that size.
1 year

Fashion tips? i guess?

This is a great topic as I struggle with this as well. My issue is always how I should wear my pants. Especially when I was a bit smaller around 260/270, my waist would always slip under my belly and my pants would not look right.

Being bigger and softer at currently 294, pants seem to fit better with the waist around my belly and the length of the pants fit better too.

I feel it is trial and error but also hard to manage through the body changes. For me, the fatter I get, the easier it came to dressing. Not to mention that you acclimate to after a while to your size and being comfortable at that size.
1 year

Fashion tips? i guess?

I agree with the comment about wearing clothes to match your size. There is a point where you can't hide the gut anymore, simple as that. In my case I'm fine with that. I love my gut. Maybe in your case you have to wear dress shirts for work so it's unavoidable, but I generally stay away from buttons as much as possible. I just dress for comfort.
1 year