Gaining

Skin feeling tight day 6 heavy cream

Direneeds8:
Should I expect to expand more over the next couple weeks if I stop? Any ideas what’s causing this tight skin feeling? and also, am I likely to develop stretchmarks?

Your skin probably feels tight because you've gained some weight rapidly from drinking heavy cream. Whether you will keep gaining after you stop is hard to say because everyone is a bit different - some people seem to notice they keep gaining for a week or two after they stop cream, and others stop noticing gains within a day or two of stopping cream.

Whether you will get stretch marks is also hard to tell as it depends how much weight you've gained, how quickly you gained it, and what your skin elasticity is like. How long have you been drinking heavy cream and how much have you gained over that period already?
1 year

Direneeds8:
Should I expect to expand more over the next couple weeks if I stop? Any ideas what’s causing this tight skin feeling? and also, am I likely to develop stretchmarks?

Doublefrosted:
Your skin probably feels tight because you've gained some weight rapidly from drinking heavy cream. Whether you will keep gaining after you stop is hard to say because everyone is a bit different - some people seem to notice they keep gaining for a week or two after they stop cream, and others stop noticing gains within a day or two of stopping cream.

Whether you will get stretch marks is also hard to tell as it depends how much weight you've gained, how quickly you gained it, and what your skin elasticity is like. How long have you been drinking heavy cream and how much have you gained over that period already?

Why it s possible continue to gain after stopping heavy cream?
1 year

Direneeds8:

Doublefrosted:

Nikola090:
Why it s possible continue to gain after stopping heavy cream?

Honestly I'm not sure. The delayed gaining happens for some people and doesn't for others, but why is a bit of a mystery to me for now.
1 year

Direneeds8:
It’s been only 5 days but drinking over a pint a day and eating as much as I can (nipples a bit sensitive). It’s my first ever gain and I’ve always been thin. Debating whether I should keep on the cream until I see the gain then stop, or whether that will cause me to way overshoot. I’m not ready to be noticeably fat yet.

You usually need about 2 weeks of heavy cream to notice any kind of gain that stays, because gaining weight takes time and a consistent excess of calories. But if you're feeling a but nervous maybe stop after a week and take a break and see if you notice any difference over the 2 weeks after stopping. If not, then if you want you can try cream for 2 weeks next time and see how that goes.
1 year

Direneeds8:
Thanks! And when you say weight that stays, does that mean my set point moves up and I’m permanently going to be stuck like 5 pounds heavier?

I mean weight that stays for more than a day or 2. Generally 1 or 2 days of overeating on occasions won't see your weight go up by more than a few ounces for a few days before it settles back down once you're eating normally again. 2+ weeks of consistent overeating is when weight gain starts sticking slowly for most people.

Heavy cream gains will usually cause fat cells to multiply, but that's doesn't always mean you will be permanently 5lbs heavier. It does mean that if you lose weight and then gain again it's likely to be much easier and faster to regain the weight you lost.
1 year

Direneeds8:
Could it perhaps be because the first stage is adding fat cells and then they fill up like rebound weight would, in the coming days/weeks?

Or maybe there’s something to do with the fat being accumulated in the liver and perhaps it’s released once the subcutaneous fat cells have been added?

The theory about the addition of new fat cells before they grow is possible, but someone would need to do a study to confirm.

Unlikely that it's fat accumulated around the liver. If the fat has accumulated there then the weight is already added, and the actual amount of fat that accumulates in the liver is a very small percentage of the while body.
1 year

My theory is the fat goes into the lymph system and this delays its passage to the subcutaneous fat cells. However I have no medical qualification - I'm an engineer!
1 year

Curveman:
My theory is the fat goes into the lymph system and this delays its passage to the subcutaneous fat cells. However I have no medical qualification - I'm an engineer!

Although it’s interesting. I think it’s worth a research.
9 months

Curveman:

Yeah, I can tell. If you had even the most basic understanding of biology, you'd understand that your lymph system is part of your immune system. It plays no role in you getting fat.
9 months

I disagree that the lymphatic system has nothing to do with fat digestion.
training.seer.cancer.gov/anatomy/lymphatic/
In paragraph 2:
"The second function of the lymphatic system is the absorption of fats and fat-soluble vitamins from the digestive system and the subsequent transport of these substances to the venous circulation."
9 months
12   loading