Gaining

How soon to expect gains after getting desk job?

I finally managed to get a desk job where I spend about 95% of my time sitting and working at a desk.

As of right now, I don't foresee a ton of "snacking/grazing" that is able to happen due to phone calls and other job related tasks. My previous job I was active for a majority of the day (averaged about 8,000 steps/day). In the last two-three weeks I have only averaged about 1-2,000 max.

I assume I'll see gains start to happen soon just with the change of physical activity but was not sure if anyone had insight on when they began to see noticeable changes in their weight. Both visually and physically?

I can tell I am starting to get a little more of a belly and love handles but not sure if that's entirely in my head or not. Also, any tips on ways to help encourage the gains even more?

Thanks!!
1 year

Makemeafatty:
I finally managed to get a desk job where I spend about 95% of my time sitting and working at a desk.

As of right now, I don't foresee a ton of "snacking/grazing" that is able to happen due to phone calls and other job related tasks. My previous job I was active for a majority of the day (averaged about 8,000 steps/day). In the last two-three weeks I have only averaged about 1-2,000 max.

I assume I'll see gains start to happen soon just with the change of physical activity but was not sure if anyone had insight on when they began to see noticeable changes in their weight. Both visually and physically?

I can tell I am starting to get a little more of a belly and love handles but not sure if that's entirely in my head or not. Also, any tips on ways to help encourage the gains even more?

Thanks!!

Well one thing that comes to mind is to be as sedentary as possible during breaks. I like to sit at my desk and snack, rather than walk, to conserve calories in my weight gain pursuit.
1 year

If deep down you truly want to gain weight and get fat, a desk job will definitely contribute. You just need to be patient. Enjoy fattening lunches as much as possible and embrace the fact you're being paid to sit rather than have to exert any real energy. If you're serious about gaining weight, you will. Developing sedentary behaviors is the real key to gaining weight that won't go away. Embrace the stretch marks and know that people care way less about your weight than you think. Getting fat at work is fun
1 year

Jstraw22:
If deep down you truly want to gain weight and get fat, a desk job will definitely contribute. You just need to be patient. Enjoy fattening lunches as much as possible and embrace the fact you're being paid to sit rather than have to exert any real energy. If you're serious about gaining weight, you will. Developing sedentary behaviors is the real key to gaining weight that won't go away. Embrace the stretch marks and know that people care way less about your weight than you think. Getting fat at work is fun

Thanks!! That’s awesome! I can’t wait for my gains to kick in. Currently trying to find what I can snack on to help get the gains kicked into high gear. I figured with my slow down in activity it most likely won’t take too long before I start to notice my body changing.
1 year

My wife went back to work a while back and took a Management Desk job for an investment Company (background she had before we started a family). Within 3 months none of her pencil skirts would zip up and her 34D bras were now 36DD with her silk tank tops straining across everywhere along with her chunky upper arms swelling massively. After 6 months she had gained 40+ lbs. with a whole new work wardrobe needed. Her appetite increased so much she didn’t even care that she had become so much heavier for the first time since we were married because she was too hungry to deny herself and care. Her Company credit card to dine big clients wasn’t helping much, she now would have dessert at lunch and every night all night after massive dinners. I loved what her desk job did to her gorgeous figure. She has since stopped working and still has not been as heavy as she was then, but all her fattening the. Has done a beautiful number on her sexy figure. She has the most sensual belly, even though not as big as it once was, her lower belly protruded’s out so far with just smooth inflated fat in there and jiggles with every step, Her thighs are tan, soft and riddled with cellulite when you catch them in the right lighting ass well as her large full butt butt, her breasts have still maintained but she is down to a 34E instead of a 36DDD that she was at her largest, bit they seem to look bigger since she has reduced her overall size a bit after having her most huge appetite ever. Still the sexy Fat accumulation that she gather in her lower belly during this eating frenzy during this time has made a lasting impression on her glorious fat lower gut.
1 year

I don’t want to nay say but my job is not sedentary like at all I’m on my feet most of the day doing moderate activity sometimes in the heat, and I still managed to gain weight.

People severally underestimate calorie deficit vs intake. 1 meal will pretty much eliminate any loss acquired by a hardcore work out.
1 year

Hi ! I started a desk job last summer and I gain almost 30 lbs since then !

After two months I started to see strech marks on my legs and my hips. The marks have only gone bigger since then !

My face, my arm and my belly aslo expanded really fast.
12 months

I worked in a large office that had mostly women. It was fun to see new hires, many very young women just out of high school, most of them ballooned sitting all day and eating fast food at lunch times.

Your gain will start as your metabolism adjusts to your more sedentary work life.

Good luck and eat up!
12 months

I worked in a large office that had mostly women. It was fun to see new hires, many very young women just out of high school, most of them ballooned sitting all day and eating fast food at lunch times.

Your gain will start as your metabolism adjusts to your more sedentary work life.

Good luck and eat up!
12 months

PorkedUp:
Started see changes after the first month

Was this the start of your gaining or hs you been at it prior to the start of this desk job?
12 months
12   loading