Chat/Role play

Too old?

People of all ages do it. To me it loses its luster when you actually go on real dates. Have to remember most horny teens don't get to live their fantasies until they're older.
1 year

Too old?

No it's not just you. There really is something seemingly juvenile about roleplay and make believe. Adults are expected to understand the cold, hard reality and if they'd like to do something, to actually make it happen. There's daydreaming and being lost in thought, but that's different.

Hell, it really reminds me of when folks used to refer to "cybering" online. Mostly amongst those who are officially too young for this site (and I'm duty bound to ban if I discover any). I think the kids call it "sexting" now.

That said, I suppose you might find some folks of all ages who might do this if you search long and hard enough. While not too common, there's some adults who still have a sense of being a child at heart. I never had the desire to engage in online roleplay, and I completely outgrew any notions of make believe after I turned 12 or so. Even roleplay questions at some job interviews irritate me and make me think less of the company. But, some folks never really do outgrow this stuff at all.
1 year

Too old?

Porphyry:
is it just me, or does it feel like online rp is only something that horny 18-20yos want to do? i mean, maybe it's just life being so busy it's too exhausting to rp? or maybe it is just me, idk. i just notice that once folks reach like 22 or 23, the interest in online rp generally drops and disappears. so now that i'm gonna be 25 later this week, i feel weird and gross for still wanting to rp :/ is it something i'm too old to do now?

It's mostly that many people don't know how to do it. It's just like any other sexual encounter. It requires discussion, consent, tastes, preferences, etc. And also learning that as you get older, your understanding of it will change.

I still RP, but only selectively. It's a LOT of fun to create an experience with someone that you literally *cannot* create in real life (I've personally never been a fan of "real life" style RPs)

I have a degree in recreation—feel free to ignore those who would shame you for exploring your sexuality. Humans *require* play and leisure. Being secure enough in yourself to understand your own kinks, desires, fantasies, and activities means that there will likely be some growing pains.

So, no, you are not "too old" for RP. Hell, a lot of people RP in the physical bedroom. BDSM scenes conducted live are literal RP.

It just means that you're actually maturing and learning to understand that with that, things may change.
1 year

Too old?

ILuvChubbyChix:
No it's not just you. There really is something seemingly juvenile about roleplay and make believe. Adults are expected to understand the cold, hard reality and if they'd like to do something, to actually make it happen. There's daydreaming and being lost in thought, but that's different.

Hell, it really reminds me of when folks used to refer to "cybering" online. Mostly amongst those who are officially too young for this site (and I'm duty bound to ban if I discover any). I think the kids call it "sexting" now.

That said, I suppose you might find some folks of all ages who might do this if you search long and hard enough. While not too common, there's some adults who still have a sense of being a child at heart. I never had the desire to engage in online roleplay, and I completely outgrew any notions of make believe after I turned 12 or so. Even roleplay questions at some job interviews irritate me and make me think less of the company. But, some folks never really do outgrow this stuff at all.

If you aren't into RP, more power to you. No shame in not enjoying it.

However

Role-playing is as juvenile or adult as you make it. It can be a lot of fun if you do it well. People do it in a committed relationship as well.

Also, the name of the site is Fantasy Feeder. If we are hostile to the mere idea of participating in fantasy, what is even the point of this site?
1 year

Too old?

we roleplay even in every day life.We pretend we like our co-workers(who are complete idiots).We pretend to like certain customers(who are total pains in the ***!)We pretend to like our bosses(when we know they are complete jerks)!We act like we're listening to friends or family that say they only have our well being at heart when they tell us things we SHOULD be doing to better ourselves.So Life is an on going game that we win some & lose some until the day we die!
1 year

Too old?

I am 66 and I enjoy role play. It does take time to find what excites you both, but it does seem to be worth it.

I have had a few role playing situations lead to real life encounters.

Both are wonderful. HMU if you want to role play!
1 year