Lifestyle tips

Loving your body in public

AmandaD29:
This is still something I'm dealing with. I'm more comfortable with myself when I'm in a place where there are other large people. If I'm not, then I kinda try to hide. Even though I love fat and love being fat, there's just something about being alone and exposed that gets to me. Hoping this will change eventually.

It might not help right now but as a male I can 100% assure you that there are large numbers of other males who (often secretly) admire large ladies as yourself. From your very nice photo, I know that you will be admired by many. Speaking for myself, I think that you will get even more appealing with increased size. Do keep us posted...
1 year

Ilovebeingobese:
Recently I went to a spa type place with outdoor hot tubs and saunas. I wore tight swim shorts and let my belly hang out in all its glory. I rubbed my belly, jiggled it, did everything I could to emphasize its size. Hoping I would get at least one comment. And honestly. Nobody cared. No dirty looks no comments no whispers. Nothing. Take from that what you will. Maybe it will help you feel more confident.
I was kind of sad lol.

I would like to think that most people aren't jerks.
1 year

MrFATS53 You are so right i have been admiring large ladies for years. Hopefully my secret fantasy will come true one day as i cant help but find a woman of size to be very attractive. AmandaD29 please keep being you not all men find skinny ladies attractive as MrFATS53 said you are going to look so good with an increased size i cant wait to see.
1 year

AmandaD29:
Thank you so much! That's hard to imagine, but you help!

There are those people who are judgemental and nasty out there but there are people who treat others well still no matter what they look like.
Especially now a days with more push for body equality. Even if someone is over 300lbs they should have the same respect as someone over 5 or 600lbs.
The attraction is definitely high for plus size. "I see all sorts of women who are different sizes and in love around where I am. You will have someone come into your life and fullfill your hearts needs and wants.
1 year

Ditzy:
I used to feel that way about how skinny I used to be.
Always felt awful about my body small boobs and no curves.
Now I love my body and feel 1000 times better about myself.
I'm not sure I would call it "confident" exactly maybe I stopped caring what everyone else thought.
I'm fat/ obese and that is what I want to be.
It makes me happy.

so you are wonderful _)
1 year

When I was young, I developed the habit of 'sucking in' my gut because of the social stigma of being a 'fat kid' and trying to reduce this.

Even now this 'instinct' to suck it in remains, partially because of said instinct as I was doing it for so long and partially because I was concerned about the reaction to my 'sudden' weight gain (as opposed to months/years of slower gain).

Well today I decided to screw this and whilst at work tried to actively work against said 'instinct', making sure it was as 'loose' as possible resulting in a slightly bigger bulge and more 'jiggle' as I walk.

Guess what, no comments. So far it seems like all that fear was for nothing. So unless something happens I'm just going to continue and try to force myself to stop sucking it in.

I'd say my biggest concern for OP is where they're also actively denying themselves activities because of their concern, when they could be worrying over nothing like I was.
1 year

TinyTina:
I am currently on vacation in Miami Beach with three friends who are all a good bit larger than I am. I am sure people are noticing us on the beach in our bikinis letting it all hang out.

I think the positive attention my pictures have gotten here does make me feel a bit more confident in the real world.

Happy to have helped that confidence, along with others here :-) Sounds like you all weee the hottest babes on the beach!
1 year

Update to my previous post.

So for the last couple of days I've been continuing to no longer suck my gut in after decades of doing so.

As before I've still yet to hear any comments.

But today I faced what I think was the ultimate challenge.....family.

In the end neither my parents nor my brothers seemed to notice or they didn't care, including the one who I especially thought would be the one to say something, in fact he joked about how I would be able to eat an entire Large pizza by myself (which of course I did).

Tl;dr: Nobody seems to care and I'm just going to continue being myself.
1 year

Casual Gainer:

So for the last couple of days I've been continuing to no longer suck my gut in after decades of doing so.

In the end neither my parents nor my brothers seemed to notice or they didn't care, including the one who I especially thought would be the one to say something, in fact he joked about how I would be able to eat an entire Large pizza by myself (which of course I did).

You will find that most people do not care about what you look like. Doesn't even matter what you look like. Most people won't give you a second glance. It's liberating to think about.
1 year

Casual Gainer:

Munchies:
You will find that most people do not care about what you look like. Doesn't even matter what you look like. Most people won't give you a second glance. It's liberating to think about.

It is very liberating because the assumption is that people will stare and laugh but most don't really see you in a way. It is very trippy. The fatter I got it was like the less people cared and just chilled with the fact that I am really fat now.
1 year
123   loading