General

Has anyone seen the movie, “the whale”?

LoraDayton:
Literally explaining how it is the opposite of good and actually very harmful to fat people (and not subjectively) so why am I not surprised that you come in here, add absolutely nothing of value to a thread, except to goad further the behavior you pretend to snide at, while also clearly making the statement "I'd rather harm more fat people for my own entertainment"

The movie is not good. It is vile. It is propaganda and uses fat people as an object. Your response makes it pretty clear that aligns with your values.

This may be better than Feed then, thanks for the tip 😀
1 year

Enas:
Okay, im trying to understand how it connects with groups, because, as you put it, it can be said that racism (let's say against black people specifically) is blackphobia, (and yes, i know you're a person of color, i just can't think a better example rn)

Munchies:
Why are you bringing race into this? This is a thread about fatphobia in a movie that has nothing to do with it?

But yes. It is.

And that is all I will say about this topic because it has nothing to do with the original topic, and frankly, this isn't the first time I've explained this to you.

Again I'm only trying to figure out how you all perceive it, because it doesn't make sense to me to call it Fatphobia, I'm not saying it's any better than Fatphobia, could be a lot worse than it, i just don't think calling it this way is an accurate presentation of the subject, and it is really problematic when it comes to try to find a solution for it. Specifically, whatever solution you might propose, it won't solve what you're perceiving as Fatphobia. The thing that is propably confused is if it's rationality. It's not irrational thus i dont think it's Fatphobia. As Lora put it, that makes a HELLA lot more sense, it's propaganda!! It has a goal and builds a logic (accurate or not) that will lead to a conclusion that will serve a goal!

Is this bad? WAITTTT!!!
don't say yes, immediately. Let's analyze it before we go there! Let's have a rational discussion! Maybe we'll learn how to deal with it from that journey!!, or learn what's causing it! Sounds good?

Btw does the above make any sense to you? Im deliberately asking because i wanna make sure what i have in mind isn't so badly warped that it doesn't make sense on my text, or worse it doesn't sound like i have a different opinion entirely
1 year

Enas:
Okay, im trying to understand how it connects with groups, because, as you put it, it can be said that racism (let's say against black people specifically) is blackphobia, (and yes, i know you're a person of color, i just can't think a better example rn)

Munchies:
Why are you bringing race into this? This is a thread about fatphobia in a movie that has nothing to do with it?

But yes. It is.

And that is all I will say about this topic because it has nothing to do with the original topic, and frankly, this isn't the first time I've explained this to you.

Enas:
Again I'm only trying to figure out how you all perceive it, because it doesn't make sense to me to call it Fatphobia, I'm not saying it's any better than Fatphobia, could be a lot worse than it, i just don't think calling it this way is an accurate presentation of the subject, and it is really problematic when it comes to try to find a solution for it. Specifically, whatever solution you might propose, it won't solve what you're perceiving as Fatphobia. The thing that is propably confused is if it's rationality. It's not irrational thus i dont think it's Fatphobia. As Lora put it, that makes a HELLA lot more sense, it's propaganda!! It has a goal and builds a logic (accurate or not) that will lead to a conclusion that will serve a goal!

Is this bad? WAITTTT!!!
don't say yes, immediately. Let's analyze it before we go there! Let's have a rational discussion! Maybe we'll learn how to deal with it from that journey!!, or learn what's causing it! Sounds good?

Btw does the above make any sense to you? Im deliberately asking because i wanna make sure what i have in mind isn't so badly warped that it doesn't make sense on my text, or worse it doesn't sound like i have a different opinion entirely

I said that this is all I will say on the matter. You will get no further explanations from me.
1 year

Understandable, if i make a thread for it whould you be interested to talk there?
1 year

Enas:
Understandable, if i make a thread for it whould you be interested to talk there?

Nope. I have no interest in sustaining psychic damage about something I explained to your ad nauseam multiple times privately.
1 year

[quote]LoraDayton:
I didn't say you couldn't. I literally said that ascribing your health to your size is by definition fat phobic. Size is not a determinant of health. *****And it really should make you think twice that if you get off on people being unhealthy by your own definition why you want that. Couldn't possibly be that there is a superiority complex where fat people are inferior right?*****

👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆

That is exactly what I was thinking!!!
1 year

I haven’t seen it so I won’t comment on the themes of it but what from what I’ve seen from interviews and stuff is that Brennan Frasier looks pretty dang good fat.
1 year

No.
1 year

NocturnalDevotion:
[quote]LoraDayton:
I didn't say you couldn't. I literally said that ascribing your health to your size is by definition fat phobic. Size is not a determinant of health. *****And it really should make you think twice that if you get off on people being unhealthy by your own definition why you want that. Couldn't possibly be that there is a superiority complex where fat people are inferior right?*****

👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆

That is exactly what I was thinking!!!

There's a lot of that on this site. I can't tell you how many times I've run into people (mostly feeders) who slide into my DMs to treat me like a play thing because they look at my weight and think I'm chubby. But once I tell them I'm actually muscular, they treat me a lot differently.
1 year

Amberwood128:
Weight is almost an afterthought in the context of the film. Is there an agenda? Maybe there is, but if there is, it’s an agenda to address traumas and the many shapes they take; to help people, not who don’t want to be helped necessarily, but want to be and can’t see a way.

The film is literally called THE WHALE. A big, blubbery, mammal that must consume literally TONS of food to survive. It's a reference to Moby Dick.

Literally what. Lol. How are you even saying this on a site where fat people are often openly referred to as whales (consensually! ...most of the time)

It's also just so *very* easy to plug in "is the whale fatphobic" into youtube or google and listen to fat people explain how it is.
1 year
1234   loading