Lifestyle tips

I’m really struggling with my calorie goal…

Current weight I’m 180, I’m trying to pack on at least a pound a day! My goal weight is to be 220, and I am trying to work with eating 3,500 calories a day. The first two days I’ve been on this “diet” I went wel past my goat and got to 5000! But yesterday I didn’t make it to 3000!

I’ve tried heavy cream and that reallllly boosts my calories but it’s so hard for me to eat. I’ve mixed it with coffee, breakfast shakes, and even cereal but it’s so thick I never wanna finish it.

If anyone has any tips for appetite boosting, quick calories, or chunky baking recipes!

I absolutely love baking so really any tips on that would be wonderful!

I’m also not against taking supplements or powders, I already smoke my lovely little green friend and that helps me some out and stuff
1 year

Peachyprincess:
Current weight I’m 180, I’m trying to pack on at least a pound a day! My goal weight is to be 220, and I am trying to work with eating 3,500 calories a day. The first two days I’ve been on this “diet” I went wel past my goat and got to 5000! But yesterday I didn’t make it to 3000!

I’ve tried heavy cream and that reallllly boosts my calories but it’s so hard for me to eat. I’ve mixed it with coffee, breakfast shakes, and even cereal but it’s so thick I never wanna finish it.

If anyone has any tips for appetite boosting, quick calories, or chunky baking recipes!

I absolutely love baking so really any tips on that would be wonderful!

I’m also not against taking supplements or powders, I already smoke my lovely little green friend and that helps me some out and stuff

If you eat a lot of heavy/hard to digest foods, you will struggle to keep up. The solution isn't to eat more calories. It's to train yourself to eat more.

When I started feeding my current partner, he had a gastric bypass years ago. He could eat about 3k - 4k calories a day and feel stuffed, but he wanted to eat over 10k calories.

At the time, this was impossible for him. However, under my guidance, we slowly stretched his stomach out. We are taking a break from gaining, but he can now fit over 13k calories during an all day stuffing. On a normal day, he eats about 5k. This number may go down as he transitions back to normal eat.
1 year

Like Munchies said above, it's not just caloric load.

It's overall nutrition you should be focusing on. Just like people who lose weight will count macros, so do people who gain. So if your nutrition is imbalanced and doesn't get you your macro baseline, your body will fight it.

As your body gets used to the macro load and the nutrition it needs, you can also start increasing volume.
1 year

I think I have recently come to this conclusion about my gains. Any tips on how to build up to 13k a day please?!
1 year

CustardCream:
I think I have recently come to this conclusion about my gains. Any tips on how to build up to 13k a day please?!

Slowly build up to it. Eating high calories foods or maximizing your calories will only get you so far. You'll have the methodically stretch your stomach out.

However, you will not be able to eat 13k calories a day every day. Speaking from experience, you'll only be able to do it for a short span of time. Your body *will* force you to stop because the human body was never meant to be that full for that long.

My partner said that he felt like a pregnant fat hog the entire time. Moving is hard, your back hurts, and you get heart burn, and your digestive system will scream at you.
1 year

CustardCream:

Munchies:
Slowly build up to it. Eating high calories foods or maximizing your calories will only get you so far. You'll have the methodically stretch your stomach out.

However, you will not be able to eat 13k calories a day every day. Speaking from experience, you'll only be able to do it for a short span of time. Your body *will* force you to stop because the human body was never meant to be that full for that long.

My partner said that he felt like a pregnant fat hog the entire time. Moving is hard, your back hurts, and you get heart burn, and your digestive system will scream at you.

Thank you. I do get heart burn now and then, but thankfully it isn't constant. My digestion system can scream sometimes though. I thought I had overdone things with cream, as my body now seems to reject it, so there is no point drinking cream as it will go straight through me. I'm a slow eater which doesn't help I guess, as I will get the full signal and then have to slow right down.

Fingers crossed I can work on stretching my stomach slowly. I know I can eat more than I could a few years ago, but it isn't as much as I would like to!

At the moment, I am trying to have 4 meals a day rather than 3, and whilst I'm no saint, I do aim for at least 5 bits of fruit and veg a day.
1 year

CustardCream:

Munchies:

CustardCream:
Thank you. I do get heart burn now and then, but thankfully it isn't constant. My digestion system can scream sometimes though. I thought I had overdone things with cream, as my body now seems to reject it, so there is no point drinking cream as it will go straight through me. I'm a slow eater which doesn't help I guess, as I will get the full signal and then have to slow right down.

Fingers crossed I can work on stretching my stomach slowly. I know I can eat more than I could a few years ago, but it isn't as much as I would like to!

At the moment, I am trying to have 4 meals a day rather than 3, and whilst I'm no saint, I do aim for at least 5 bits of fruit and veg a day.

Instead of stuffing yourself silly, eat smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day. When you do eat a bigger meal, eat until you are comfortably stuffed and then a little more.

There's also nothing wrong with increasing your capacity that don't have a lot of calories. After all, the point with that is volume, not calorie intake. Basically eating and drinking foods that will stretch you out, but won't leave you filling heavy.
1 year

I agree with Munchies.
1 year

Thank you Ditzy and Munchies, I shall give this a go for a while!
1 year

You are very welcome.
Not often I comment but I know by experience that method worked for me.
1 year
12   loading