Lifestyle tips

I’m really struggling with my calorie goal…

Just eat until you couldn’t possibly eat anymore, eventually eating big will come so naturally you won’t feel satifsifyed by what would be seen by most as a large meal.

getting big is a lot like body building if you wanna be big you gotta eat big!
1 year

Morbidly A Beast:
Just eat until you couldn’t possibly eat anymore, eventually eating big will come so naturally you won’t feel satifsifyed by what would be seen by most as a large meal.

i thought i would add to this, because "eat until you couldn't possibly eat anymore" might be interpreted differently by different people... this is what made a real difference for me when i was early in my gaining (180-250 lbs).

i would eat until i felt full. *really* full. and then i would push past this, and eat some more - stopping well before i thought i might be sick. it didn't really matter what i ate (they were just regular foods - just more volume), but it was the "beyond stuffed" feeling that was stretching my stomach.

it takes time. you can't do it every meal, every day. if you just do it a few times a week, you will start to notice that you won't feel as full as quickly. that's because your stomach is getting stretched out, its capacity is larger.

when you get a big ol' tummy you'll just feel like eating more, more often.
1 year

Just eating a little bit more past “full” has worked very well for me. Also, alternating between savory and sweet foods ( always have dessert!) helps me eat more past being full. And adding a milkshake to your snack line up is a great way to add a good amount of calories.
11 months

I've always thought if you push it too hard it becomes a chore, and it's a shame to turn it into a chore when it can be so much fun.

What a lot of people do is alternate stuffing days with days where they just eat what they feel like. That way you increase your capacity on the stuffing days, and just enjoy yourself the rest of the time.

It's not a race.
11 months

Yeah, I think stomach stretching is the fix. I have a hard time gaining as well and have been working on just eating a larger volume of whatever I'm having rather than fussing about calories.

At one point if I ordered a Chick-Fil-A combo and got the large size fries I'd be stuffed. Then I went to ordering the combo with large fries and adding an additional medium fry. By the time I finished that I would be completely stuffed, but at this point I can finish that no problem at all and have just moved to ordering the combo with a large fries and adding an additional large fries on top of that.

Keep at just eating more volume of whatever you're already having and you'll see progress for sure.
11 months
12   loading