Fat experiences

How has your family reacted to your weight gain?

i have personally been laughed at by most of my family except my parents. they didn’t say much at first but as they see how i struggle with simple things, they are definitely concerned for me.
1 year

When I first started gaining in my teens my mum would say about it quite often but now I'm in my 20s and the biggest I've ever been she doesn't say anything anymore. I'm sure she still worries a bit but I'm glad I can just live my life how I want
1 year

Both mine and my wife’s family haven’t said much about it. I look much better with weight on me. She’s been north of 300’ for several years now, so they’re used to it :-)
1 year

So it happened, my Dad called me a glutton when after dinner a few nights ago. We went out, went back to my house than sat down to a movie and I polished a bad of chips during it, at which point he called me a glutton and how I’m gonna be as big as a house if I don’t get my act right, and I just straight up said get out of my house and that I’m a 30 year old man. I feel like I laid the law down on him trying to shame me maybe I should make that clear when I talk to him? Amazed it just happened now, thought it would have happened sooner.
1 year

My family’s weight has always fluctuated up and down, so no surprise. But I had an aunt who told me every time she saw me that I got tubby.
1 year

Morbidly A Beast:
So it happened, my Dad called me a glutton when after dinner a few nights ago. We went out, went back to my house than sat down to a movie and I polished a bad of chips during it, at which point he called me a glutton and how I’m gonna be as big as a house if I don’t get my act right, and I just straight up said get out of my house and that I’m a 30 year old man. I feel like I laid the law down on him trying to shame me maybe I should make that clear when I talk to him? Amazed it just happened now, thought it would have happened sooner.

Oof. I'm sorry your dad disrespected you - especially in your own house. Did you get an apology?
1 year

The summer I went home after sophomore year, my mom told me she was worried about my weight and got me a gym pass. I was kinda conflicted, but already thinking about gaining. I would workout, but get a milkshake on the way, and takeout on the way home. I didn't lose any weight that summer. My mom still makes comments, which is hard, but I try to ignore them.
1 year

Munchies:
Oof. I'm sorry your dad disrespected you - especially in your own house. Did you get an apology?

Nope not yet! Probably won’t engage with him until it happens.
1 year

FAMGM:
With horror and disgust.

An uncle asked me one Christmas “what are you doing (that you obviously can’t see) that is turning you into such a big, sweaty, flabby man?”

Oof. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you didn't take it to heart and stood up for yourself.
1 year

Well, they're all pretty fat too, but they've been concerned since around the time I passed 400 or when I grew my big back rolls, putting me past 5XL of certain brands. I'm definitely the fattest of the family now, by an ever-widening margin.
1 year
12   loading