Feedback and suggestions

Why does nothing happen to grey faced trolls here?

Any time I’ve been trolled by nasty grey faces who contribute nothing to the website (no photo, no stories, no personal information) the most the mods do is delete the comment. I don’t get why bans aren’t given out more often to people who are just here to destroy the community. I have to say one time Cookie did give someone a week ban after they harassed me multiple times,but still. I think they should have been permanently banned, especially since I cancelled my upgrade due to it.

Why they want to drive out contributors and have people cancel premium memberships in favor of grey face trolls who are probably here for the sole reason of causing trouble is beyond me.
1 year

NocturnalDevotion:
Any time I’ve been trolled by nasty grey faces who contribute nothing to the website (no photo, no stories, no personal information) the most the mods do is delete the comment. I don’t get why bans aren’t given out more often to people who are just here to destroy the community. I have to say one time Cookie did give someone a week ban after they harassed me multiple times,but still. I think they should have been permanently banned, especially since I cancelled my upgrade due to it.

Why they want to drive out contributors and have people cancel premium memberships in favor of grey face trolls who are probably here for the sole reason of causing trouble is beyond me.

Not a clue. Part of the reason I interact with people on this site the way I do is because I know that I'm the only person that will protect me. There have, unfortunately, been times with the powers that be declined to act certain levels of bigotry because it doesn't break the site rules.

This isn't to say that they do nothing. If it's egregious enough, they'll come in and smack the offending parties. But for microaggressions or more "minor" offenses? They'll get a stern talking to.

But who knows? Maybe, if enough people make a stink about it, they'll revisit how they moderate the site.

Maybe.
1 year

I can't be entirely certain who the OP is referring to, but a lot of the difficulty involved is because a lot of the abuse reports received is a lot of "he said, she said" with little to no information otherwise provided.

We really do try, but sometimes it's a challenge. That said, the more details, the better. If more than one person complains, odds are they aren't all wrong, so there's that too.

And sometimes, they do get banned. One user who shall remain unnamed, earned a week long ban and it looks like I'm going to have to spend a good chunk of the afternoon removing the posted comments. I'll probably finish watching a feature length film and there will probably still be a lot of comments left. Anyway, time to keep chipping away at them.
1 year

ILuvChubbyChix:
I can't be entirely certain who the OP is referring to, but a lot of the difficulty involved is because a lot of the abuse reports received is a lot of "he said, she said" with little to no information otherwise provided.

We really do try, but sometimes it's a challenge. That said, the more details, the better. If more than one person complains, odds are they aren't all wrong, so there's that too.

And sometimes, they do get banned. One user who shall remain unnamed, earned a week long ban and it looks like I'm going to have to spend a good chunk of the afternoon removing the posted comments. I'll probably finish watching a feature length film and there will probably still be a lot of comments left. Anyway, time to keep chipping away at them.

I understand that you have no say in this, but it isn't easy to report people. You can't include screenshots when you go to a person's page and report them there. And not everyone knows about the site email.

If the reporting feature could be revamped, it would make everyone's lives easier - both the mods and the users.
1 year

It may sometimes seem that we don't take abuse reports and disruptive members seriously, but to give you an idea of how hard the moderators work, here's our stats for the past week (from 29th Jan to now):

Notes: 3
Warnings: 5
1 day suspensions: 2
1 week suspensions: 1
Permanent bans: 7
IP address bans: 12

IP address bans are usually for trolls, scammers and spammers that have no interest in the site other than to cause disruption or to get what they can from it. We have very strict sign-up checks that stop most of these at the door but for those that do get through we usually pick these up in a day or two.

Permanent bans are for members that may have some interest but have repeatedly broken the rules, usually by scamming or harassing other members or by persistent begging and advertising. These bans prevent people from signing-up by they can still view the site in a limited way as a guest.

The notes, warnings and suspensions are just for members who do have an interest in the site but play up occasionally, for instance may need a day off to cool off after an argument in chat.

Overall, we try to be as tolerant as we can of everybody, because it's not good for the community to ban lots of people. This means having to put up with some minor grievances, arguments and disruptions from otherwise good people just as you would in 'real' off-line life.

However I take your point about improving the reporting feature. Adding the ability to upload screenshots would be really useful because so often it's just one person's word against another. Thanks for the suggestion.
1 year

Hiccupx:
It may sometimes seem that we don't take abuse reports and disruptive members seriously, but to give you an idea of how hard the moderators work, here's our stats for the past week (from 29th Jan to now):

Notes: 3
Warnings: 5
1 day suspensions: 2
1 week suspensions: 1
Permanent bans: 7
IP address bans: 12

IP address bans are usually for trolls, scammers and spammers that have no interest in the site other than to cause disruption or to get what they can from it. We have very strict sign-up checks that stop most of these at the door but for those that do get through we usually pick these up in a day or two.

Permanent bans are for members that may have some interest but have repeatedly broken the rules, usually by scamming or harassing other members or by persistent begging and advertising. These bans prevent people from signing-up by they can still view the site in a limited way as a guest.

The notes, warnings and suspensions are just for members who do have an interest in the site but play up occasionally, for instance may need a day off to cool off after an argument in chat.

Overall, we try to be as tolerant as we can of everybody, because it's not good for the community to ban lots of people. This means having to put up with some minor grievances, arguments and disruptions from otherwise good people just as you would in 'real' off-line life.

However I take your point about improving the reporting feature. Adding the ability to upload screenshots would be really useful because so often it's just one person's word against another. Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't think anyone expects you to wield the ban hammer and take out people we don't like. That's a very good way to dissolve a community overnight.

Instead, we ask you to revisit how this site handles the more egregious offenses like stalking, sexual harassment, and other things that make your user base feel unsafe.

Not only that, but we would also like to know how you plan on lessening such behavior in the future. You said, "it's not good for the community to ban lots of people." This implies that there is a sizeable portion of this community that regularly commits egregious offenses.

If this is the case, this also implies that, unintentionally, there's a culture that either fosters such behavior. Naturally, we all understand that there's only so much anyone can do about someone else's behavior. However, since you are the site owner, it would put many people at ease to know what your plans are to minimize this going forward.
1 year

We check the site every day, and read and respond to the team emails and abuse reports on a daily basis. Very little gets past us and if anything does it's generally not for more than a day or two.

It's due to this commitment that we are confident that we don't have a big problem of stalking, sexual harassment, misogyny or misandry on this site, and if any serious problems come to light we act on them immediately.

Having said this, if you do feel we've missed something and have evidence of bad conduct that we can act on (such as screenshots), please send this to us at team@fantasyfeeder.com and we'll look into it with all due diligence and fairness.
1 year