Fat experiences

Did you feel ‘different’ growing up?

I’m thinking back to my teenage years, when people were beginning to show an interest in the opposite sex… the heart throbs, the leading men in every film, the posters other girls had on their walls…all lean and muscular. Even the boys people liked at school were of a certain build- chubby lads (and girls) didn’t really get a look in. It all felt so alienating to me, like ‘this is what I’m supposed to like?’ It just left me cold and I could barely even feign an interest. This was further complicated by the fact I was, and am, bisexual.

I knew what I liked but I neither felt I could say, like I wouldn’t even be taken seriously, nor would there be many people who I could even name. I think it’s a bit better now but there just weren’t really plus sizes singers or actors or anything then, or not ones who were marketed to young people anyway. No pin ups for me!

Sometimes I look back and wonder if there were other people who had broader tastes, so to speak, but also didn’t really say due to the teen need to conform. Either way, I’m so glad I’m an adult now and know it’s ok to like what I like and that I’m not the only one
1 year

Nippy:
I’m thinking back to my teenage years, when people were beginning to show an interest in the opposite sex… the heart throbs, the leading men in every film, the posters other girls had on their walls…all lean and muscular. Even the boys people liked at school were of a certain build- chubby lads (and girls) didn’t really get a look in. It all felt so alienating to me, like ‘this is what I’m supposed to like?’ It just left me cold and I could barely even feign an interest. This was further complicated by the fact I was, and am, bisexual.

I knew what I liked but I neither felt I could say, like I wouldn’t even be taken seriously, nor would there be many people who I could even name. I think it’s a bit better now but there just weren’t really plus sizes singers or actors or anything then, or not ones who were marketed to young people anyway. No pin ups for me!

Sometimes I look back and wonder if there were other people who had broader tastes, so to speak, but also didn’t really say due to the teen need to conform. Either way, I’m so glad I’m an adult now and know it’s ok to like what I like and that I’m not the only one

i always found chubby and fat people more attractive... but when i was young, and until i moved for university, i never talked about it with anyone.

in high school i remember some very cruel comments and jokes being made behind the backs of girls (and boys) that i found very attractive. it didn't stop me from asking the girls out, but i didn't date very much in high school. and it wasn't until later that i became comfortable with my bi-sexuality (or pan-sexuality), so i never dared show interest in another guy.

i am very heartened in that my kids are growing up in a more accepting environment in many respects... it doesn't change teenage insecurities, they still have those. but sexuality and body positivity is far more open and less judgemental than it was in my youth.

the idea of being into feedism is still very taboo, i would say.
1 year

Nippy:

I felt exactly like this. Worse still is that, growing up in mostly-pre-internet '80s & '90s Britain, any deviation from the baseline expectation of what might have been considered "normal attractiveness" was stigmatised and drew derision. The internet has been a liberalising force when it comes to sex and attraction. We're all much weirder than we knew. I can't wait for the day some hacker figures out how to publish everyone on Earth's search history and we get to learn just what a bunch of freaky kinksters we truly are.
1 year

Nippy:

HanSelo:
I felt exactly like this. Worse still is that, growing up in mostly-pre-internet '80s & '90s Britain, any deviation from the baseline expectation of what might have been considered "normal attractiveness" was stigmatised and attracted derision. The internet has been a liberalising force when it comes to sex and attraction. We're all much weirder than we knew. I can't wait for the day some hacker figures out how to publish everyone on Earth's search history and we get to learn just what a bunch of freaky kinksters we truly are.

As a person who has dealt with stalkers in the past and has had an abusive upbringing where my life was jeopardized over my search history, I find this truly horrifying.
1 year

Munchies:
As a person who has dealt with stalkers in the past and has had an abusive upbringing where my life was jeopardized over my search history, I find this truly horrifying.

That's awful. I'm sorry to read it. Rest assured, I was merely being daft. This is not something that is ever likely to happen.
1 year

I didn’t have the fetish growing up, I avoided a lot of the awkwardness in it as an adult coming to terms with my body… I am sorry y’all had to deal with ***s!

I’ll say as I got fat it didn’t feel like it was the end of the world like a lot of other people might think - I didn’t feel like I NEED TO LOSE THIS or ELSE more like, this feels right and this feeling just grew and developed more as I grew.
1 year

Morbidly A Beast:
I didn’t have the fetish growing up, I avoided a lot of the awkwardness in it as an adult coming to terms with my body… I am sorry y’all had to deal with ***s!

I’ll say as I got fat it didn’t feel like it was the end of the world like a lot of other people might think - I didn’t feel like I NEED TO LOSE THIS or ELSE more like, this feels right and this feeling just grew and developed more as I grew.

I grew up an a conservative, religious home. i was doomed from the start.

It is what it is
1 year

I did think that how I felt was something that everyone felt about something, but as I got a little older, I thought I was the odd one out because I was attracted to fat, not the in-shape sports players that other girls my age were attracted to.

Middle school was lonely because I knew what I was attracted to, and it wasn't the same thing that my friends were attracted to and I felt like it would have been weird or off putting if I told them that [so and so] wasn't cute, so I just pretended that they were to go with it.

High school was better because I realized that it might be easier to not be as closed minded about it to myself and embrace what I enjoyed, so I did. And it worked out, thankfully.
1 year

Morbidly A Beast:

Munchies:

It is what it is

As was I, I just avoided that heat because I was normalish
1 year

Morbidly A Beast:

Munchies:

It is what it is

Morbidly A Beast:
As was I, I just avoided that heat because I was normalish

I haven't been normal a day in my life, lol. Plus my parents were tech savvy, so yeah ...

It had the perk of me figuring out my kinks with limited influence. So there's that.
1 year
12   loading