Fat experiences

My mom always tells me to lose weight :(

The truth is, sometimes I feel distrustful of my body because of my mother, she always tells me that I am very fat and it depresses me that she says those things to me, so I get depressed and start to eat more. Sometimes I say that I am going to go to the gym but I never do. I do and well of the rest when I do not receive complaints from my mother I feel good with my body and I like it and I accept myself as The worst thing is that I'm like this because of my own mother. When I was little, I was very skinny, I didn't gain weight, I hardly ate. My mother started giving me vitamins, so now I wouldn't stop eating, I stopped the pills and I kept eating and didn't stop until now. ..
1 year

Do not let her impose her will onto you.
1 year

Catalinacataline:
The truth is, sometimes I feel distrustful of my body because of my mother, she always tells me that I am very fat and it depresses me that she says those things to me, so I get depressed and start to eat more. Sometimes I say that I am going to go to the gym but I never do. I do and well of the rest when I do not receive complaints from my mother I feel good with my body and I like it and I accept myself as The worst thing is that I'm like this because of my own mother. When I was little, I was very skinny, I didn't gain weight, I hardly ate. My mother started giving me vitamins, so now I wouldn't stop eating, I stopped the pills and I kept eating and didn't stop until now. ..

You are very fat. This is not a bad thing.

I'm sure your mother is saying this out of love. However, you need to decide what is right for you.

I'm not saying ignore your mother. Instead, decide how much, of any of what she is saying is worth listening too. Then, make sure you firmly establish your boundaries with her.
1 year

You are indeed very fat. That's lovely. Sorry you feel bad about being told that by your mother. I guess you may want to ignore it as much as possible.
1 year

My parents always tell me to lose weight. I listened once and wasn't happy. I Love being fat and I love the idea of getting fatter. No matter what they say. I love my parents, but I want to make myself happy. And being simply massive will make me happy
1 year

My parents have commented on my weight gain. My mom especially since she not only has an eating disorder, but she was fat as a teen because she had surgery and couldn't move much. She got teased a lot back then. Which resulted in the earing disorder and in her mind being fat is the worst thing ever.

But, this is your life and choice. No one else's. They can say things all they want. But at the end of the day she doesn't get a say in how you live your life. Best wishes!
1 year

The summer I went home after sophomore year, my mom made lots of comments about the weight I'd gained and even got me a gym pass. It really messed with my head, but I decided that summer that I had to be myself. I'd even go get fast food on the way home from the gym, almost I guess in defiance. Now if my mom says anything, I tell her that I don't want to talk about it.
1 year

Catalinacataline:

parents want whatever they think is best for you... it is not always going to align with how you feel or what you want. i only see my mom 4 or 5 times a year, but each time she expresses concern for my weight. it's ok. i don't fight her on it, and i don't throw it in her face. i tell her i am happy, and i know i should lose some (from her perspective, anyway).

i am temped to really chow down and gorge myself when she says these things, but really i just want those visits to go as smoothly and argument-free as possible!
1 year