Lifestyle tips

I live very close to the beach and i feel embarrassed to wear a bathing suit

Well, I'm chubby and I'm embarrassed to go to the beach in a bathing suit. In fact, I have one. I wear it to go to swimming pools where there aren't many people, but the beach makes me feel embarrassed. I don't know why I always wear shorts and a t-shirt for the beach. We'll see. If one of these days I get up and say I'll put on my bathing suit, hopefully
1 year

I can tell you for sure, no one will care and you are not going to be the fattest at an crowded beach smiley don’t over think, just go for it 💪🏾
You can still bring shorts and t I case you feel uncountable.
Maybe start tanning in bikini once you start walking around put some shorts on in the beginning !

I would like to motivate you to do it, stepping out of a comfort zone is were you have to go to get good things 😊
Plus you look super hot 😍
1 year

I agree with Starfish. While going right out and strutting your stuff is really exciting, the fear and nervousness may counteract any pleasure.

I'd suggest beginning by wearing something that exposes your belly a bit...it can even be a top that's a bit too small. That was what I first did...go out wearing slightly too-small clothes with my belly peeking out underneath. Once you get used to the looks and remarks from people, you start to enjoy them and even crave them.
1 year

Starfish:
Dont rush yourself to get there. You have to feel confident to do it, and Im sure you will. Maybe do it step by step, like one day go with the bikini top and shorts, and then the next day, a top and bikini bottoms and gradually go from there.

As long as you feel comfortable thats what matters
thanks for the comment, how cute you are
1 year

Andromeda:
A few thoughts:

1) You don't have to apologize to anyone, especially not a stranger, for your body. Besides, if anyone does judge you negatively, so what? You'll likely never see them again.
2) Not everyone is into showing off, and that's okay. I'm a good bit fatter than you, and I enjoy showing off my gut. I wear bikinis (and not the high waisted kind) so my obese belly is on display, and that's exciting. That might not "do it" for you though, and that's okay. You can be beautiful in a string bikini or beautiful in a swim dress. Go with your comfort level!
3) if you do want to show off but feel timid, start slowly. Wear a T shirt and shorts over your bikini, then take off the T-shirt as you get comfortable. Then when you adjust to that, take off the shorts too.

Remember, you are beautiful, and the person you need to worry about making happy is the one looking at you in the mirror!
you are absolutely right and very good advice
1 year

Andromeda:
A few thoughts:

1) You don't have to apologize to anyone, especially not a stranger, for your body. Besides, if anyone does judge you negatively, so what? You'll likely never see them again.
2) Not everyone is into showing off, and that's okay. I'm a good bit fatter than you, and I enjoy showing off my gut. I wear bikinis (and not the high waisted kind) so my obese belly is on display, and that's exciting. That might not "do it" for you though, and that's okay. You can be beautiful in a string bikini or beautiful in a swim dress. Go with your comfort level!
3) if you do want to show off but feel timid, start slowly. Wear a T shirt and shorts over your bikini, then take off the T-shirt as you get comfortable. Then when you adjust to that, take off the shorts too.

Remember, you are beautiful, and the person you need to worry about making happy is the one looking at you in the mirror!

I’ve struggled with this too. There’s beaches nearby and friends are always trying to get me to go with. I don’t want to be the only one covered up, but I’m still shy about wearing a bikini. Your post helped a lot. You’re so right. ❤️
1 year

Catalinacataline:
Well, I'm chubby and I'm embarrassed to go to the beach in a bathing suit. In fact, I have one. I wear it to go to swimming pools where there aren't many people, but the beach makes me feel embarrassed. I don't know why I always wear shorts and a t-shirt for the beach. We'll see. If one of these days I get up and say I'll put on my bathing suit, hopefully

What you've said rings true for me also. There were a few years in my early teens where I was a bit chubby. I have a family that has very negative views on fatness. Along with being picked on, especially by my hockey coach and other kids. Through all those years I always wore a shirt when swimming. I was then diagnosed with a chronic health issue and have been pretty much underweight for decades until very recently. The only times I didn't wear a shirt swimming was after meeting my wife when I was very underweight. It's taken me years to come to terms and work through it all. I'm still not there 100%.
I'm sure I'm gonna have to confront it or figure it out. We moved to Cape Cod for my wife's work a couple years ago and live within walking distance to the beach lol! Yet the whole time we've lived here we haven't gone to the beach. While I've been happily gaining and gotten past some of the caring what others thinks. I'm still working on not caring and accepting myself 100%. Wish you the best! If you figure it out let me know lol smiley
1 year