Feedback and suggestions

Hiding the sidebar

Logging in more, I now notice how squeezed in the sidebar is. Is there a plan to give us the option to hide it?

I am using a bigger screen and it is huge. It moves the whole middle of the screen, where all the content is, to the right because the border settings for the main content still act as if the sidebar is not there.

Highly recommend you give the option to hide it or adjust the current main content block. Right now it is kind of jarring and pretty distracting.
1 year

Hiding the sidebar

Good luck, but I think you're stuck with it. We had a thread criticizing the new "upgrades" but it was shut down because our feedback (which was largely negative) wasn't appreciated.

The best we were told it that "upgrades aren't finished yet." But this gist is, they aren't going to revert to the beloved top bar only format.

I hate the new side bar and forum layout so much I can barely bring myself to visit weekly, when I used to be a steady daily visitor.

Best of luck to you mate, hopefully they listen.
1 year

Hiding the sidebar

We do listen to all feedback both positive and negative (yes there has been some positive). We have to balance all needs, and take into account future development. What size screen are you using, I’ll take a look at this.
1 year

Hiding the sidebar

Here's some screenshots of the forums and side menu as shown on different devices. If you are seeing something different than this please attach a screenshot below, stating your device and broswer, and I'll investigate further.

Mobile:

Tablet:

Laptop:

Desktop:
1 year

Hiding the sidebar

Hiccupx:
Here's some screenshots of the forums and side menu as shown on different devices. If you are seeing something different than this please attach a screenshot below, stating your device and broswer, and I'll investigate further.

Thanks to c00kie for helping me understand how attaching screenshots works on FF. Seems counterintuitive to have to submit without screenshots then add them, but i’m glad that there is a way to add them. This is the edited version of my original post, with screenshots added.

Safari 12.1.2 for macOS 10.12 Sierra on a Non-Retina MacBook Pro with 1440 x 900 screen resolution.

I have to go very wide to get the persistent sidebar (Laptop/Desktop), and there is no left top Fantasy Feeder element. The sidebar goes all the way to the top. (First attached screenshot)

With a typical window size which Safari web inspector reports as 1218 x 698 px, i get the Tablet view, except that the FF upper left logo smashes into the (dreaded) “hamburger” icon. Very very inconvenient to have to pop that open for basic navigation. (Second attached screenshot)

Very disorienting figuring out the new navigation after having been away too long (about a month). I wonder how infrequent FF visitors will feel when hit with the changes.

Thanks for your continued efforts towards site improvement.
1 year
attachment
attachment

Hiding the sidebar

Just a quick reply about forum photo's.

Create your reply and submit it to the forum without using url link images. Once the post has been added you will see a attachment option to add pictures to your post.

The photo attachment button is the camera icon on the bottom right of your post between the edit and delete button.

Cheers!
c00kie
1 year