General

Diet coke or regular coke

I like Diet Coke much more than regular Coke. In my opinion Coke just tastes like sugar (and I don’t mean sweet, I mean it has a specific sugary taste and texture that I very much don’t like). To me Diet Coke has the cola flavor and sweetness, none of that sugary flavor or gritty texture on my teeth.
1 year

Coke Zero. 🏆
1 year

Depends! I buy Diet Coke in a 12 pack because I can drink and enjoy more before my stomach hurts, but if I go out to eat or if I’m thirsty I’ll get a regular coke.
1 year

Always regular coke and that goes with any soda. Not only does it taste better, it'll help you gain weight too! I never drink zero sugar or diet sodas unless I'm offered it for free.
1 year

Raven:Not only does it taste better

Debatable
1 year

Diet soda can actually help you gain weight in its own way: since it's sweet, but has no calories of its own, it tricks your body into craving the "missing" calories it expects. The effect is an increased appetite coupled with an insulin spike that results in extra fat storage.

However, many people simply don't think it tastes as good as regular soda, which is actually genetically determined, much like the cilantro/soap situation.

Regular sugar is also an insulin trigger itself...plus it has real calories, lol.

And there's been a bit of a scare for decades over whether artificial sweetener is linked to cancer...the short answer is yes, but only if you eat a five-kilogram brick of it every day, according to studies done on lab animals.

The bottom line I'm getting at is, either one will help you gain weight, so just pick whichever you like better is my take.
1 year

Is it weird that I like to mix the two?
1 year

I never liked the taste of a diet soda. I prefer a regular soda.
1 year

Regular, full sugar soda for me. I've never been fond of the aftertaste of artificial sweetners, and they tend to wreak havoc on my digestive system of I have more than a single serving.
1 year