General

How does one calculate necesary maintenance calories for a fat woman's physique?

Nijjrtman8:
I would like to know how to calculate how many calories a fat woman needs per month to maintain her physique as to not get any slimmer so that in the event of financial shortcomings her physique shall not suffer
It would also be useful to know the same about a man even if he dosen't have much blubber at all instead has muscle
To note I do not have precise or any body composition measurements to tell me how much of weight is bodyfat/muscle/bones out of the total weight
I do not think there is a way to check without precise tools,or could you do it with your hand and just a scale?

It's a bit crude, but this should help:

www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
1 year

How does one calculate necesary maintenance calories for a fat woman's physique?

Nijjrtman8:
I do not think there is a way to check without precise tools,or could you do it wi
Munchies:
It's a bit crude, but this should help:

www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

Nijjrtman8:
I would like a mathematical formula I can do on a piece of paper or in my head as not everyday do I use my device and neither do I take it with me

Why do you need to calculate this every single day? If she's maintaining, you need to use the calculator once and make a note of it.

Plus, if you need the formula, it's in the link.
1 year

It is almost impossible unless you go to a doctor for metabolic resting. Everyones is different ;{
1 year

Spike:
It is almost impossible unless you go to a doctor for metabolic resting. Everyones is different ;{

This is correct. Plus, it's subject to change. That's why I said the calculator was crude.
1 year

Spike:

Nijjrtman8:
Well then how does one estimate how much calories a person needs without extensive medical examinations?

You just work with estimates, but that's more than good enough most of the time.

Also, I hope you don't expect perfectly linear results. You, or someone else, will probably not experience a consistent rate of weight gain.

The only thing that's consistent is if you can regularly "eat a lot," you will gain eventually. It's funny. Sometimes, you can eat a lot and nothing happens, then suddenly a few pounds end up out of nowhere. Everyone is a little different.
1 year

ILuvChubbyChix:
You just work with estimates, but that's more than good enough most of the time.

Also, I hope you don't expect perfectly linear results. You, or someone else, will probably not experience a consistent rate of weight gain.

The only thing that's consistent is if you can regularly "eat a lot," you will gain eventually. It's funny. Sometimes, you can eat a lot and nothing happens, then suddenly a few pounds end up out of nowhere. Everyone is a little different.

Nijjrtman8:
Why does this happen?

Lots of reasons. Metabolism, how well you absorb and process your food, hormone fluctuation, fluid retention, medical conditions, certain medications, ect.
1 year