Gaining

Question about cream

I'm thinking of introducing cream into my diet to try and increase my gain by adding it to vanilla ice cream milkshakes.

I want to make sure though I'm looking at the right stuff or at least something close enough which is this:
www.ocado.com/products/m-s-british-double-cream-519483011

Is this the correct product to add? Would 300ml a day (going by another thread) be enough over a few weeks as a daily dessert? Or am I looking at this wrong?

Thanks in advance.
1 year

Question about cream

Casual Gainer:
I'm thinking of introducing cream into my diet to try and increase my gain by adding it to vanilla ice cream milkshakes.

I want to make sure though I'm looking at the right stuff or at least something close enough which is this:

Is this the correct product to add? Would 300ml a day (going by another thread) be enough over a few weeks as a daily dessert? Or am I looking at this wrong?

Thanks in advance.

As I understand it, double cream is about as close as you can get to heavy cream.

If you want to have a daily milkshake, that's fine. Just remember that it may thicken up in the blender if you whip it for too long.

Cooking with heavy cream is also an option. Lotta recipies out there. Plus, it can be easier to digest that way.
1 year

Question about cream

Casual Gainer:

Thanks in advance.

Munchies:
As I understand it, double cream is about as close as you can get to heavy cream.

If you want to have a daily milkshake, that's fine. Just remember that it may thicken up in the blender if you whip it for too long.

Cooking with heavy cream is also an option. Lotta recipies out there. Plus, it can be easier to digest that way.

Thanks, the main reason why I'm looking at milkshakes is that it's the easiest thing I can add which I know I also like.

So I figured I give this a shot first.
1 year

Question about cream

Casual Gainer:

Thanks in advance.

Munchies:

Casual Gainer:
Thanks, the main reason why I'm looking at milkshakes is that it's the easiest thing I can add which I know I also like.

So I figured I give this a shot first.

Makes sense. Good luck!
1 year

Question about cream

I’ve been using double cream and it works a treat. I just call it heavy cream on here. Double cream is actually MORE fattening!
1 year

Question about cream

Jd00723:
I’ve been using double cream and it works a treat. I just call it heavy cream on here. Double cream is actually MORE fattening!

Thanks, out of curiosity how much do you use per day?
1 year

Question about cream

Jd00723:

Casual Gainer:

On average, a pint. Well 600ml in new money. It’s so lovely in smoothies or even mixed with a bit of water and sugar.

Just be careful with it!
1 year

Question about cream

Jd00723:

Casual Gainer:

Jd00723:
On average, a pint. Well 600ml in new money. It’s so lovely in smoothies or even mixed with a bit of water and sugar.

Just be careful with it!

I was going to say, 600ml is an entire pot which by my maths is about 2802kcal (2000 is the usual reference).

I'll probably try 300ml at first to see what it's like and go from there.
1 year

Question about cream

Jd00723:

Casual Gainer:

Jd00723:

Just be careful with it!

Casual Gainer:
I was going to say, 600ml is an entire pot which by my maths is about 2802kcal (2000 is the usual reference).

Yeah fair enough. Like I said I found it too easy to consume, but we all handle food differently, so don’t do anything that makes you ill. Let us know how you get on!
1 year

Question about cream

Jd00723:

Casual Gainer:

Jd00723:

Just be careful with it!

Casual Gainer:

Jd00723:
Yeah fair enough. Like I said I found it too easy to consume, but we all handle food differently, so don’t do anything that makes you ill. Let us know how you get on!

So day 1 update, last night at 8pm after coming home from a late shift I made my first double cream milkshake.

Because it was late I ended up using about 200ml + 1/3 tub ice cream with a drop of milk, it tasted relatively nice with the double cream providing a thickness my milkshakes were previously lacking.

Whilst this isn't much, it's still about 1300kcal by my estimates.

I also don't seem to be having any significant negative reaction.

Overall I think I'm going to be sticking to 200-300ml every day depending on my shifts and availability of cream.

edit:

One other advantage to milkshakes, I'm not getting any remarks about it from the other person in the house.

I just told them 'I found a recipe online' and I've been on/off making ice cream milkshakes for a while now, so I'm just telling them that I like them and I'm making them a daily treat.
1 year
123   loading