General

Is there a way to get rid of this fetish?

Honestly same. I don't think anyone here would have that answer, but maybe a psychotherapist might? And since you're in Scandanavia, that probably means you'll have easier access to that than the Americans here.
1 year

Why would you want to? It's way more fun than vanilla sex
1 year

No. It's a part of you.

You choose to indulge it by being here
1 year

Might also be worth asking yourself if feedism is just a "fetish" for you, as opposed to a fundamental part of your sexuality.

In my mind the term "fetish" implies a take-it-or-leave-it attitude towards it. Idk, just a thought.
1 year

I can empathize and know that there are many of us here who wish we could just get rid of it. I don’t know your situation, but for me what helped a lot was educating myself on things like fat acceptance and body positivity, sorting through what is helpful and humanizing from the bs, and recognizing my own issues with anti-fat bias. It didn’t make the feelings go away, but it did make them more manageable and less overwhelming. I listen to podcasts like Maintenance Phase and Food Psych and those have helped me to release a lot of anti-fat bias that was, at least for me, fueling a lot of the overwhelming aspects that made this feel like a fetish and not like a preference. I wish you luck!
1 year

Reflection Of Perfection:
No. It's a part of you.

You choose to indulge it by being here

Boomerang:
I know. I try to ignore it but I always find myself here. hence my profile name

Speaking with a counselor or therapist will help you find the answers you are looking for. As you have found, trying to ignore this part of you isn't likely to help you manage the difficulties that you face. They might not have the specific expertise to deal speak about feederism directly, but managing libido and impulses in a healthy manner is precisely the kind of thing they can help with.

Not all mental health professionals are the same, so you should make sure to seek one who lists sex or relationships as a field of specialization. Even then, their methods for helping you will vary as much as their personalities.

If I had to guess what they would say, however, it's that they will confront you about whether feederism is something you really want to leave behind completely, or if what you're looking for is a way to reconcile your preferences with what is socially acceptable.

You seem to be leaning toward "fixing yourself to meet society's expectations." Most therapists I've heard of would steer you away from this kind of thinking. Rather, they would encourage you to find ways to enjoy your preferences in ways that don't conflict with your other priorities, finding a balance between your kink/fetish and your social/professional obligations. I am not a therapist, but the therapy I have participated in suggests that the enemy isn't your unprompted desires or intrusive thoughts, but the lack of acceptance you have for yourself and what makes you unique.
1 year

Boomerang:
I don't know how to explain it, but it affects my whole life

It's probably impossibe, what we are attracted to usually just works automatically with no control from our part.
Maybe by going to a psychologist, or even better a psychoanalist (I think for sexual/attraction things psychoanalists are pretty good, aka to get to know yourself better).

But then again, I'm a psychologist myself, and although I've meditated a lot about, even I can only offer some slight hypothesis about why myself I'm here and where does it come from
1 year

Boomerang:

But then again, I'm a psychologist myself, and although I've meditated a lot about, even I can only offer some slight hypothesis about why myself I'm here and where does it come from

What would that be? I’ve heard fetishes stem from trauma.
1 year

Boomerang:

NocturnalDevotion:
What would that be? I’ve heard fetishes stem from trauma.

Sometimes, but not always. Sometimes, fetishes are routed in euphoria.
1 year

Boomerang:

Hello! Im also in a position where I'd love to just get rid of it! I think a good option might be ideology. It might not br sufficient alone, but it might help! If you need to talk about this, im open to that! I'd love to try and help you!
1 year
123   loading