Fat experiences

Risks of being on hrt and starting to gain weight.

Hello! I am a trans man (FTM) and after 5 years on HRT I have decided to start putting on weight. I have only gained 20lbs but my labs seem to concern my doctor as my glucose levels have increased. He has also warned me that if I gain a lot of weight I won't be able to continue on HRT and now I'm a little scared that I'll lose HRT if I keep going up. Have any of you had to suspend your hormone treatment or have you been denied due to weight gain? What relationship does weight gain have with refusal to use HRT? And above all, what is the maximum weight that one can have to carry your HRT correctly? I have seen huge guys abroad who are on hormone treatment, but here in my country it is quite rare that they will let you take HRT if you are over 200 pounds unu. Thank you very much for your answers
1 year

Little King Terry:
Hello! I am a trans man (FTM) and after 5 years on HRT I have decided to start putting on weight. I have only gained 20lbs but my labs seem to concern my doctor as my glucose levels have increased. He has also warned me that if I gain a lot of weight I won't be able to continue on HRT and now I'm a little scared that I'll lose HRT if I keep going up. Have any of you had to suspend your hormone treatment or have you been denied due to weight gain? What relationship does weight gain have with refusal to use HRT? And above all, what is the maximum weight that one can have to carry your HRT correctly? I have seen huge guys abroad who are on hormone treatment, but here in my country it is quite rare that they will let you take HRT if you are over 200 pounds unu. Thank you very much for your answers

The blood glucose is more due to how you are gaining weight. I assume you are eating a lot of sweets and carbs. HRT or no, it's in your best interest to change up your diet plan. I've got diabetes, and it's a pain in my ass.

It's odd to me that in Mexico, there's a 200 lbs weight limit. I have a trans friend who's about 350 and on HRT. But I'm sure a trans person will chime in with their experience.
1 year

I've been on T for 9 years and the past 2-3 have had a weight 60-70lbs higher than my starting weight. Having the proper amount of hormones won't make you more likely to have blood sugar issues. There aren't any specific factors that will make you significantly more likely to have any adverse effect from testosterone than a cisgender man. I'm in the US and weight comes to play more in surgery approvals than hrt.
1 year