General

Food & mood

People eat / snack / binge for all sorts of different reasons. Maybe you're happy and celebrating, sad and want cheering up, bored and it's something to do, horny and want to feel full and fat...

But I love how food can just generally improve your mood. It doesn't even need to be your favourite snack.

I always find myself humming or dancing when nomming away because it just makes me feel happy and improves my mood and outlook.

I'm sure I am not the only one... so tell me about your happy food nom experiences folks! Moments where you are eating away and its made you / the situation or experience so much better!
1 year

Food & mood

I have a great little story about this, but first I need to set the stage: I'm a seafarer, so I spend fully half of my life at sea.

Two things you need to know about this:
1: the quality of the food is highly dependent on the steward department....good cooks equals good food.
2: most of the time there is plenty of said food....and it's free! ...are you getting any ideas yet?

So anyway, on one particular trip we didn't have the greatest cook (terrible, actually) and morale suffered because of it. One day, me & the rest of the engine crew were gathered for evening muster and were talking about the whole food situation and how some of us got served partly raw chicken. This awful cook had been months by now and this was the breaking point for one of my fellows. I'll call him crewman #6.

Crewman #6 throws up is hands and says "that's it! Time to enact tha plan."
The rest of us look bemused and ask what is this plan you speak of.
He gives a smug look, pulls out a clipboard and starts giving orders very uncharacteristic of his normal personality. We are all then send in different directions to collect ingredients for breaded chicken. When we regroup, we find crewman #6 has procured a fry daddy from God knows where. No matter! We set to task with fury and prepared our feast. Such solidarity I have never seen!

Soon all was ready to eat and even a small chocolate cake was made!...I still don't know how. My first bite brought me to tears, it was so delicious!

The end (true story!)
1 year

Food & mood

Awesome share! I can't imagine having to put up with horrible food, fingers crossed you dont have to put up with a terrble chef anytime soon.

Also absolutely LOVE impromptu baking. Who doesnt want to bake and eat a cake at anytime of day or night! Cake makes everything better!
1 year

Food & mood

C00kie:
Awesome share! I can't imagine having to put up with horrible food, fingers crossed you dont have to put up with a terrble chef anytime soon.

Also absolutely LOVE impromptu baking. Who doesnt want to bake and eat a cake at anytime of day or night! Cake makes everything better!

I relate so much to the baking part! I rarely eat what I bake (I bake for other people about 100% of the time), but nothing makes me happier when I bake or cook something for someone and they truly enjoy it!

Baking at night is also really enjoyable - the vibes and aesthetic of making food at night is SO fun!
1 year