Story authors

Story feedback forum

Letters And Numbers:
Is there any appetite here for a thread to get into more in-depth constructive criticism of some of the stories here? I was reading the comments of a story today that had a critique and it seemed to me that this might be a more organized format for technical criticism like that.

Could also just take a book club format where we all read one short story a week or longer story a month?

Any interest?

Munchies:
This looks interesting in theory. The downside, however, is that most fetish stories aren't good.

I'm not talking about the kink aspect of it. I believe that you can write about any subject matter and make it good. I'm talking about the hordes of poorly written stories on FF, DA, Dimensions, etc.

Letters And Numbers:
So there are the hordes for sure, but there are also some really great writers as well (here, and on the other sites) who choose to *also* write erotica instead of *only* writing it. Some of those stories could be more fun to read critically. And there are also authors who honestly might want to improve, even if all they want to do is write a better sexy story?

Fair.

I got my creative writing start with fanfiction. There's oodles of article, videos, workshops, etc on how to write a good story. There's even some about how to write a good sex scene. It'd be nice to have something similar in kink spaces.

It really helped the quality of my writing, that's for sure.
1 year

Story feedback forum

I fully agree that most fetish stories are not well written and sometimes frankly boring.
But it is better than vanilla. That is for making babies.
Writing is like all other forms of art. It takes some talent and a lot of practice.
It is like music. You have to learn to play your instrument and understand the basics.
You can find the basics on the internet and a first year course in language and literature will do.
We can share tips and tricks. We can read each others short stories (novels take too much time to comment) and give feedback.
We can share scenario's and real life situations which you can use. Like Celia does when she tells us about Piggies binging.
One of the things that would make the story more interesting would be hearing Piggies perspective. The story told from her side.

Take spanking stories.
Most of them focus on the hitting and the effect. That makes them boring
There is very little or no information on the interaction between the persons involved.
My partner and I were once in Belgium for more than forty years.
Some student colleagues of us played a scene from the a Swedish play.
It went als follows.
Mother was drunk, and could not handle her 16 year old. Mother decided to spank her daughter.
The daughter didn’t bother, took the over the knee position. Daughter gets one or to slaps on her butt. Mother says: What a nice big butt you have. Let’s fatten you up a little and you well have lots of rich menn to choose from.

My partner and I both remember the scene after more than 40 years.

In short, what we could do is reading each others stories, share idea’s and scenario’s and so on.
We will see what’s helpful and what’s not.
1 year

Story feedback forum

Spekbil 123:
I fully agree that most fetish stories are not well written and sometimes frankly boring.
But it is better than vanilla. That is for making babies.
Writing is like all other forms of art. It takes some talent and a lot of practice.
It is like music. You have to learn to play your instrument and understand the basics.
You can find the basics on the internet and a first year course in language and literature will do.
We can share tips and tricks. We can read each others short stories (novels take too much time to comment) and give feedback.
We can share scenario's and real life situations which you can use. Like Celia does when she tells us about Piggies binging.
One of the things that would make the story more interesting would be hearing Piggies perspective. The story told from her side.

Take spanking stories.
Most of them focus on the hitting and the effect. That makes them boring
There is very little or no information on the interaction between the persons involved.
My partner and I were once in Belgium for more than forty years.
Some student colleagues of us played a scene from the a Swedish play.
It went als follows.
Mother was drunk, and could not handle her 16 year old. Mother decided to spank her daughter.
The daughter didn’t bother, took the over the knee position. Daughter gets one or to slaps on her butt. Mother says: What a nice big butt you have. Let’s fatten you up a little and you well have lots of rich menn to choose from.

My partner and I both remember the scene after more than 40 years.

In short, what we could do is reading each others stories, share idea’s and scenario’s and so on.
We will see what’s helpful and what’s not.

My guy, if you think that vanilla sex is boring and is only good for reproducing, you're doing it wrong.

My partner and I engage in kink and vanilla sex. Good vanilla sex is all about enjoying each others' bodies. If you learn each other's bodies and communicate well, it's an enjoyable time.

Also ... writing a sexual scene involving a minor is extremely gross. And legally questionable.
1 year

Story feedback forum

Reality and fiction.
First the legal issue. The play by the Swedish playwright Lars Noren was played by university students at the Belgian university of Gent in 1981. It was and is under Belgian law completely legal, as it was in Sweden and as it was in Holland. You are legally a minor until you reach the age of 16 years there.
And it still is as a work of art. The example was ment to show that in fiction a convincing way of telling the story is important. Noren made his point in the dialogue between the two actors.

It is not about me or my partners sexual preferences in real life. There is the difference between doing something and writing about something. Writing about vanilla tends to be boring as writing about certain variants of BDSM can be.
The only thing i want is helping people to write better stories that others can enjoy.
Nothing more and nothing less.
1 year

Story feedback forum

Spekbil 123:
Reality and fiction.
First the legal issue. The play by the Swedish playwright Lars Noren was played by university students at the Belgian university of Gent in 1981. It was and is under Belgian law completely legal, as it was in Sweden and as it was in Holland. You are legally a minor until you reach the age of 16 years there.
And it still is as a work of art. The example was ment to show that in fiction a convincing way of telling the story is important. Noren made his point in the dialogue between the two actors.

It is not about me or my partners sexual preferences in real life. There is the difference between doing something and writing about something. Writing about vanilla tends to be boring as writing about certain variants of BDSM can be.
The only thing i want is helping people to write better stories that others can enjoy.
Nothing more and nothing less.

In some places it's legal. In some places, it's a crime. Either way, sexualizing anyone under the age of 18 is against site rules:

fantasyfeeder.com/about/rules
1 year

Story feedback forum

The key to writing a good sex scene: vanilla or otherwise, is transporting the reader into the scene. Not as if they are spectators but rather active participants.

Here are some articles that helped me when I started writing sex scenes ages ago:

dianagabaldon.com/2012/07/how-to-write-sex-scenes/

Another important element of a good sex scene is character design and the choreography. Just as artists and animators have references or act out certain scenes, writers can do the same. It brings cohesion to your work and can make some aspects of writing easier.

I see many stories here that describe characters in ways that don't make any sense. For example, a writer might describe a woman as "fat and busty" when she is 5'6", 130 lbs, and a B cup. That will ruin the immersion for anyone who knows what such a woman would look like.

I found this site ages ago, and it really helps figure things out:

You can select a gender, height, and weight to find tons of matches. Just flick through the photos until you find the body shape you're looking at.

In terms of scene choreography, there are many different techniques. You can act things out alone, with a partner, or make rough sketches. Hell, even crude stick figures will do. Don't be afraid to make notes or reread previous scenes so you can keep relevant details in mind.
1 year

Story feedback forum

Munchies:
The key to writing a good sex scene: vanilla or otherwise, is transporting the reader into the scene. Not as if they are spectators but rather active participants.

Here are some articles that helped me when I started writing sex scenes ages ago:

Another important element of a good sex scene is character design and the choreography. Just as artists and animators have references or act out certain scenes, writers can do the same. It brings cohesion to your work and can make some aspects of writing easier.

I see many stories here that describe characters in ways that don't make any sense. For example, a writer might describe a woman as "fat and busty" when she is 5'6", 130 lbs, and a B cup. That will ruin the immersion for anyone who knows what such a woman would look like.

You can select a gender, height, and weight to find tons of matches. Just flick through the photos until you find the body shape you're looking at.

In terms of scene choreography, there are many different techniques. You can act things out alone, with a partner, or make rough sketches. Hell, even crude stick figures will do. Don't be afraid to make notes or reread previous scenes so you can keep relevant details in mind.

Those links are all great and well worth reading for any authors out there!
1 year

Story feedback forum

Munchies:

Letters And Numbers:
Those links are all great and well worth reading for any authors out there!

Thanks!

I may make a separate thread with free/low cost resources when I have the time.
1 year

Story feedback forum

Munchies:

Thanks!

That’s awesome. For all the same reasons I made this thread originally, I think as a community we can work cooperatively to make cooler art, whether it’s high art or smut! And I think we can talk about and critique the work better and more cooperatively.
1 year

Story feedback forum

Munchies:

Thanks!

Letters And Numbers:
That’s awesome. For all the same reasons I made this thread originally, I think as a community we can work cooperatively to make cooler art, whether it’s high art or smut! And I think we can talk about and critique the work better and more cooperatively.

True. We can poo-poo the low quality stuff until the cows come home, but that doesn't actually fix the issue.
1 year
123   loading