Story authors

Wg tropes/situations

What are some of your guy's favorite tropes/situations in WG literature? Which ones annoy you and set you off?
1 year

Wg tropes/situations

As a reader, I love when a person in a story gets fat by accident, or someone tricks them into it, and they end up liking it. I also like the gaining weight for love, trope, but only if the feedee ends up happier at a heavier weight.

I dislike stories with force feeding/weight gain, unless both parties are consenting. I also dislike humiliation stories where the feeder is mean spirited, with no aftercare, reassurance for the feedee afterwards. In general, I dislike stories where the person gaining weight ends up worse of because of it. Even in revenge weight gain stories, I prefer the person getting fat to end up happier and nicer at the end.

So, I write with those considerations in mind.
1 year

Wg tropes/situations

Favorites:

-Weight gain as a result of magical, technological/chemical, or otherwise speculative interference

-Protagonist starting out as a slimmer feedee but wanting to get huge and achieving that by the conclusion of the story

Least favorite:

-Gaining accompanied by some truly extreme and implausible health conditions (I get that that's part of the thrill for some readers, but it really shows when somr writers simply have not done their research)

-Fat protagonist who hates their body until a thin person comes along wanting to date them
1 year

Wg tropes/situations

Stevita:
Least favorite:

-Gaining accompanied by some truly extreme and implausible health conditions (I get that that's part of the thrill for some readers, but it really shows when somr writers simply have not done their research)

-Fat protagonist who hates their body until a thin person comes along wanting to date them

Both of these for me. If a story is going to be completely unrealistic, it might as well be magic or sci-fi or something that is fun or has a sense of humor (or a sense of horror? I like horror stories, too).

For me personally, I like a dynamic where there is a public side and a private side to the character who’s gaining, so you can have some public uneasiness or embarrassment but in private those emotions can be flipped and embraced. It sets up a character arc sometimes.
1 year

Wg tropes/situations

Letters And Numbers:
Both of these for me. If a story is going to be completely unrealistic, it might as well be magic or sci-fi or something that is fun or has a sense of humor (or a sense of horror? I like horror stories, too).

For me personally, I like a dynamic where there is a public side and a private side to the character who’s gaining, so you can have some public uneasiness or embarrassment but in private those emotions can be flipped and embraced. It sets up a character arc sometimes.

Highly agree, as the suspension of disbelief can only go so far, as long as the escalation is worth it. The story has to have some form of grounding for the reader to be drawn in and keep around enough, even, (or in some cases especially), in sci-fi/fantasy imho.

So for me, the bonds the characters make are a huge component of storytelling, and WG fiction is no different, just with more emphasis on describing individuals, whose stories often revolve around gaining weight and how that makes them feel. Audiences tend to enjoy a positive outlook on gaining, (though a solid niche is made from character suffrage as a form of punishment), to coincide with the euphoria of reading these stories.

So emotional cores of encouragement, acceptance, self-acceptance, and being able to see the beauty that lies on the outside and inside are hallmarks of, for me, great stories to read through. The kind of growth emotionally to play parallel with the external helps stories come full circle and leave me with something more after reading.
1 year

Wg tropes/situations

HandsomeDan:
What are some of your guy's favorite tropes/situations in WG literature? Which ones annoy you and set you off?

Favs:

Relationship weight gain
Weight gain as a form of liberation
Fit to fat
Feedee/gainer with a harem of feeders (may not be a dedicated harem)
Competitive weight gain
Weight gain as part of pregnancy

Turn offs
Anything that glorifies abuse
Anything that involves family (sexual and non-sexual)
Anything that involves oppression (gaining weight because government said so)
Cheating
Using measurements to describe what a character looks like
Not understanding what people look like at certain weights (5'6, 130 lbs, and a C-cup isn't chubby or fat)
1 year