Fat experiences

Actually feeling fat

Was anyone else surprised by just how much weight it took to gain to actually feel fat in your mind? Before I took the plunge I always thought gaining 10-20 lbs would be super noticeable. It wasn't until I put on over 30 lbs and crossed 200 that I feel like I started to notice a real difference.

But even reaching 200 didn't feel nearly as big as I thought it would when I was 170. Hence the reason I'm currently over 230 lbs and climbing...
1 year

Actually feeling fat

I've felt the exact same. I went from about 140ish to now about 220. It took a decent gain to be noticeable and even more to actually start to look "fat". Even then it seems I'll need to gain a decent amount more to look and feel what my head is saying is "fat". It also takes quite a bit of time and a damn lot of food for a damn lot of time to gain anything. As someone who wasn't fat at the start, gaining has been as difficult and time consuming as a fat person trying to lose weight. Just different methods. At least imo.
1 year

Actually feeling fat

I'm up to 250 and only now is it really dawning on me. Like I knew I was fat before but seeing my stomach really stick out from my clothes sets it in
1 year

Actually feeling fat

I've been 'fat' my entire life, but it wasn't until recently when I tried heavy cream and gained more 'soft'/subcutaneous(?) fat that I actually began to 'feel' fat for the first time.

So in my case it wasn't gaining weight itself that caused it as much as the type of weight gain.
1 year