General

Is your fetish top secret? who knows in your life? how did you tell them? how did they respond?

So I've recently been struggling with wanting to share some of my stories and interests with my friend who knows generally what I'm into. I struggle to be totally open. I don't want things to be weird, but I do want the ability to talk about it.

I'd love to hear others' experience with people knowing how kinky they are.
1 year

Is your fetish top secret? who knows in your life? how did you tell them? how did they respond?

I'd say I'm pretty open, but I don't really think of it as a "fetish" per se, more like just a way of being. Like it's a core part of who I am.

So, like, the people who know me know I prefer fat partners, and am into body positivity and food and stuff like that. I'm usually unapologetically loud about the fun/political side of this for sure. Fatness is cool; food is amazing; fatphobia is bad---those sorts of things I never shut up about.

But then, I'm also openly asexual so for many in my life fat stuff isn't like the most "weird" thing about me. I guess that gives me latitude to just do whatever, in a sense.
1 year

I'm not closed off about it but it's not something I'm totally open about. My family and friends know my dating history and the physically common denominator that goes along with the people that I date so it's probably not some secret.

I don't think they know about the fetish/kink side of it though, but if they had questions about it then I would be happy to answer them and talk with them about it.
1 year

I'm fortunate enough to have no family or friends to criticize my weight gain. It's no one's buisiness. Otherwise though if topics come up I am pro-body positivity. I think if I found a partner one day I'd just have to gradually let them know I find eating/belly rubs and being chubby super kinky.
1 year

Pluviophile:
I'm not closed off about it but it's not something I'm totally open about. My family and friends know my dating history and the physically common denominator that goes along with the people that I date so it's probably not some secret.

Yeah, to a point for me I feel like being a bare minimum of open is doing due diligence. If I'm actively seeking a partner, I want it to be known that I actively chose them and am into to them (like when around family and friends). Maybe not going to give the gory details of specific kinks to whoever, but for me at least I feel it's important to signal my preferences so that anyone I'm dating is not a secret and also not seen as a "second choice" or whatever.

(But when no one but you is involved, I think disclosure is up to you and your comfort levels for sure)
1 year

I keep this secret as incredibly confident information that no one knows about and that thought of it getting exposed is very scary to me.I try to gain weight in real life but I keep it on the low down since ive been pretty chubby since I was a kid growing up and ive been hitting the gym as of lately(I always make sure I eat more calories than I burn)The closest someone knows about this is a cousin of mine that knows im into fat girls but doesn't think much of it
1 year

I have the same kinda thing where it is very very scary to think of anybody knowing about this fetish. I actually used to get very frequent anxiety when I was younger about it. Now that I’m older it’s sort of just a thing that I keep a heavily guarded secret.

The only person who knows is my girlfriend, and telling her was one of the hardest things to do. I only told her because of how much trust I knew I could put into her keeping secrets like this. It was wildly scary so much so that I cried and I don’t think I even accurately described the whole fetish lol but I did my best in the moment and she was very understanding even though she doesn’t feel the same about bellies/feederism.
1 year

TCC:
So I've recently been struggling with wanting to share some of my stories and interests with my beat friend who knows generally what I'm into. I struggle to be totally open. Part of it is because my friend is plus sized, and already playfully teases me like I'm into her, or some particularly "fat" things she does around me. I don't want things to be weird, but I do want the ability to talk about it.

I'd love to hear others' experience with people knowing how kinky they are.

Everyone who knows me knows I prefer big men. Most men I've dated or been interested in are all over 250 lbs.

As for the feedist part, I have a handful of friends that know. But it's only because we are super open about our fetishes in general. Some are fellow feedists. Some are not.
1 year

It quite depends on which aspect of my fetish.

On the one hand I find quite curvy women (~30 BMI) just as attractive as somewhat thin women (~22 BMI) and much more than the somewhat anorexic ones (below 18). Who knows about that? Almost every dude I ever drunkenly talked to about women. Their reaction? 80% "yeah, its cool that there's an interest for everyone", 20% "you're right, curves are better anyways".

On the other hand I find the idea incredibly arousing to get fattened up by my partner to the size (no matter which one) she prefers. I'd personally very much like to be around 180kg (400lbs) but if she says more that's hot, too. Unfortunately I can't live it out anyways due to health issues so why should I tell anyone? So sorry, here I can't tell you any reactions.
1 year

The only people that know I'm into this stuff are folks that are already in this space but otherwise I keep it locked up like fort knox.

I have thought about how I would come out about it if the day ever came but right now it's something I'm taking to the grave
1 year
1234   loading